Flower stalk update
I started a flower stalk in a culture way back in November. It was teeny tiny then, but it grew a lot in cultures and I replated it quite a few times until finally I decided to cut it up into pieces. Shortly after cutting it, I began to see callus forming on a couple of pieces. I wrote about this in an earlier blog entry. Well, for those of you following, I thought I'd provide some updated photos. For reference, I'll include the older photos and show the progression. May 19th May 21st: June 13th And now for the buds: Taken May 20th: Taken June 13th: The interesting thing about the buds is that they seem to be putting out flower stalk extensions or something of the sort. It looks like a flower stalk is growing out of two of the buds. This tissue culture stuff is crazy!