FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nick
I recently just picked up all three. My hamata is about to pop its first pitcher since I got it, but it may be a little funky from adjusting to new conditions. My macrophylla and edwardsiana are both about the size of a half dollar and they need a few months for the pitchers to really show the plants' respective characteristics. I am about to start feeding them a couple bloodworms per pitcher to try to give them a boost. Not going to bother with Maxsea yet as I am scared it will drip into the media since the pitchers are so small.

I have a spathulata x spectabilis 'giant' that puts out the biggest pitchers in my collection, followed closely by my sanguinea.

Come back in a few years and (hopefully) my rajah will be producing footballs :lol:
By Orit
Shadowtski wrote:My current one is a hybrid of N. ampullaria and N. ventricosa. It is called "Lady Luck" in America and "Bloody Mary" in other countries. It's the closest thing to a bulletproof Nepenthes I have found. It's the Nepenthes version of a Drosera capensis, happy in a wide range of temperature & humidity, tolerant of cultivation errors, and difficult to kill
whoa, does this mean i can grow a nep? i love them but we have VERY low humidity in denver. do you think it could grow well in dry climates?
By cigjunkie619
For me, it is N truncata, N edwardsiana, and N hamata in no particular order! Followed by N veitchii bario, the pink/red/brown bodied variant with the lime green peristomes. I think every nep has something cool to offer, and they are great plants to grow! I grow everything from droseras to cephs and they all have a cool factor as well as a slight challenge, but it is a great hobby!
Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!