FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Northerntrap
New to traps, only had it a few weeks but it is already starting to look bad. I had one before that turned the same way so I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong but not sure what. Any advice?
Attachments:
20170309_161451.jpg
20170309_161451.jpg (786.04 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
20170309_161502.jpg
20170309_161502.jpg (771.15 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
By Nick
It is difficult to tell, but to me your plant doesn't look particularly unhealthy, but it could maybe use some more light. The outermost traps will wilt and die off regularly while being replaced by new traps growing from the center of the rosette. If the new traps growing from the center look normal, then I wouldn't worry too much. If they are showing deformations then you may need to alter the growing conditions.

What light does the plant receive and how are you watering it and how often?
By Northerntrap
Right now it's in a small indoor green housee by a patio doors facing north. We water every couple days if the soil seems dry and are using rain water. Thank you for the input!
By Earthy
Northerntrap wrote:Right now it's in a small indoor green housee by a patio doors facing north. We water every couple days if the soil seems dry and are using rain water. Thank you for the input!
Be careful with watering so often while inside in lower light conditions. That can invite rot. They don't like to be wet all the time; some exceptions to that would be outside, in full sun, in high hot temps, etc. Some of the yellowing could also be from too much water as well. Where are you located?

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!