FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Bhart90
To conserve space (go figure) , I want to be able to make a wall mount t for them and wonder how some one else would do this.

Forgive me, this will be posted in tools and supplies as well as orchids, and terrarium/bogs Sorry didn't know what category it fit under
By Adelaide
egg crate
By DeadlyCarnivore
You can buy a piece of cork bark off the internet and just super glue your orchid onto it, and then maybe drill some holes into the bark to put your butterwort's roots into with some media to hold them in there securely.
By Adelaide
It's simple and easy to maintain plants by wrapping them in sphagnum moss and then tying them together with zip ties and using orchid clips, clip the zip tie tail to the egg crate.
By coffeenflowers
Grape wood is pretty commonly used as mounts for air plants. You could easily use it for orchids. For orchids, you typically use some sphagnum moss and some fishing wire to tie the orchid to the mount until the roots keep them there. But unless you are good about watering and keeping humidity high, I think orchids growing on wood like this is usually smaller than ones that are in pots.
Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Expanding the Garden

It was a bunch of pepper plants mainly, along with[…]

What’s happening

It looks to be planted too deep. You want the rhiz[…]

Thank you for the seeds and the little gift Cant w[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!