FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Luchiano
Hello! So I ordered from seeds from a very trusted seed supplier on ebay, 20 red venus flytrap holiday sale special seeds(More like 10). They came in just now, I opened em up and they were ALL smashed! The outer black covering nearly gone, and it was just a mess. I got my pot and mix ready as well! Anyways I contacted the seller and am waiting on a response, but do you guys think ANY will sprout/germinate? Help!
By Branmuffin
I have ordered 3 times from the same person on eBay and all seeds were smashed every time. Not a single viable seed. He sent replacement seeds, only 1 set not the 3 I had ordered and they were all smashed also. I gave up with that seller and I won't order from them again.

I have ordered from Msprouse90 on eBay and they have always arrived in bubble wrap and not a single seed lost due to mail damage.
By sbrooks
Luchiano wrote:Hello! So I ordered from seeds from a very trusted seed supplier on ebay,
Would that be the same very trusted seed supplier who sells blue strawberries and rainbow colored roses? :?
By Luchiano
sbrooks wrote:
Luchiano wrote:Hello! So I ordered from seeds from a very trusted seed supplier on ebay,
Would that be the same very trusted seed supplier who sells blue strawberries and rainbow colored roses? :?
Haha no :P
By Luchiano
Eyyy update peeps! So, After placing them all in I somehow found 2 or 3 seeds that were still 99% in tact. So we'll see! I'll give an update if they sprout. The nice man (Jamie Hatt) Also shipped out another batch, and said he would DOUBLE wrap them this time, so thanks haha
By Branmuffin
I have bought seeds from a various places online and pretty much stay away from anyone who is just going to throw them in an envelope as they will almost certainly be crushed. I have spent a good amount of time dealing with crushed seeds and now I just prefer to pay the extra shipping for a padded envelope that doesn't get sent through the rollers
Branmuffin liked this
Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!