FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By roarke

My flytrap had flowered and didn't do any seeds and i did not wait the black color of shriveling to go down further than the flower part was. I cut it and put two pieces in rain water. It doesen't go black yet like the one in the past that was put on peat moss. Anyone tried this method or should i put it on the peat moss ? The flower stalk is 14 cm in lenght, counting the bend, in total.
By muzicfreak2008
roarke wrote:Image

My flytrap had flowered and didn't do any seeds and i did not wait the black color of shriveling to go down further than the flower part was. I cut it and put two pieces in rain water. It doesen't go black yet like the one in the past that was put on peat moss. Anyone tried this method or should i put it on the peat moss ? The flower stalk is 14 cm in lenght, counting the bend, in total.
I haven't tried putting the flower stalk in water but I did put leaf pulling in water. All of the ones I put in eventually grew little roots and traps. It took a good 2 months maybe under 12hr photo period. I would say the fact that the stalk hasn't turned brown yet is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Shadowtski
I did a flower stalk cutting from my Akai Ryu last year. I stuck it (horizontally) in live Sphagnum Moss. It did succeed and grow new plants from it. This year, I'm trying to grow a new plant from an FTS Maroon Monster flower stalk the same way.

When I get my first typical flower stalk, I'll try to propagate that one in PeatMoss.

I tried propagating one typical flower stalk in distilled water, in a test tube, last year. It did not succeed for me. Good luck with yours. Let us know if it works for you.

Good growing,
Mike
Akai Ryu Flower Cutting 001 .JPG
Akai Ryu Flower Cutting 001 .JPG (227.34 KiB) Viewed 4033 times
Akai Ryu Flower Cutting 002 .JPG
Akai Ryu Flower Cutting 002 .JPG (114.7 KiB) Viewed 4033 times

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!