FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By SDCPs
This giveaway is closed. See post 50.

Hello friend,

I prefer trades but...

I have an almost unlimited number of Drosera indica seeds to share with you! I am basically giving away the seed, but am technically trading seeds for US postage. I use the postage to trade with forum members.

I am offering this seed in packets of ~100 seeds for SASE+. This means that you can get as many packets as you want limited to 10 per SASE+. Include one loose stamp per packet of seed inside the inner envelope of your SASE+. If you want 3 packets, then send me 3 regular 44 cent US postage stamps (or forever stamps) in addition to the postage affixed on the envelopes themselves. If you want to donate more stamps, please write a note indicating the number of packets to send you. I appreciate donations.

For more clarification: To get 1 packet of D. indica seed, this SASE+ requires 3 stamps. 2 for the post office, and one for the packet. To get 3 packets, send 5 stamps. 2 for the post office, three for the packets. You can request up to 10 packets per SASE+.

Please do not PM me! I do not care who requests these seeds or if they are a member of this forum! If you decide you want some of my seeds, please send your SASE+ to the photo. I appreciate it that you're using this address only for the purpose I am providing it for. Once I get your SASE+ I will put in the seeds and send them back. If you don't get your seeds in 3 weeks (domestic) or 3 months (international), resend your SASE+. Unless you do not follow the requirements of this offer, I will unhesitatingly send seeds for every SASE+ I receive. They may get lost in the mail from time to time. I would appreciate it if you post a reply to this thread when you request seeds, when you receive them, and when they sprout for you, but this is not required for participation.

If you want your seeds sent in a bubble mailer, enclose 2 stamps and your address along with the stamps per packet. I will see the address and send the seeds in a bubble mailer.

About the scented D. indica “pale pink flower” from Australia I am offering:

If I had to have only ONE species of sundew, this would be the one. I have not found another sundew that is as strong or that catches so many bugs as this one...and as an added plus, I find it rather beautiful. It catches houseflies with ease and grows very large reaching 10" in height and 9" in diameter not counting the very unusual flower scrapes. The plants look extremely good together and this variety of indica is scented, as in when mature and in a group you can easily detect a honey-like smell. 20 plants in full sun produce an pungent odor. The insects are attracted to them from literally miles around. The plants are green; this allows you to easily see everything the plant catches. Easy to grow as long as they are kept drier than most Cps and have a warm summer. Lower humidity is also beneficial. These are annuals, but produce tons of seed so they come back each year. Sow in the fall or winter. They will sprout in spring. I have a picture thread on Terraforums about this plant. See link: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showt ... ght=indica Also a youtube video of part of my collection and the plants I collected seed from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4LNl8fYiWY

International Shipping:

I will send this seed to CP enthusiasts internationally! If you live in a different country, please send me your currency equivalent of $2 US Dollars for international postage, and the equivalent of $0.44 US Dollars per seed packet. Also send me your address and specify how many packets you are expecting. I will send you the seeds in a padded bubble mailer with a customs form. Please only send paper money (no coins) in an amount equivalent or above the basic requirements. Be sure to conceal any money you send in the mail so it does not get stolen.

Here are some step by step instructions for packing your SASE:

1. Obtain 2 envelopes. Address one to me (Photo), and the other to you.
2. Place postage on both envelopes (one stamp for each).
3. Fit the second envelope inside the first one. Make sure the envelope addressed to you is inside the one addressed to me. You may have to fold the second envelope on the edges to make it fit.
4. Place the extra stamps and note (if necessary) inside the second envelope.
5. Seal the SASE and send it to me!

Enjoy the Seeds :mrgreen:
Last edited by SDCPs on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By David F
Very Generous, may I for myself, and the members of this forums officially thank you, this is a great offer, and drosera indica is a wonderful species even unfavorable climates will do well.

Thank you so much!

P.s. mind posting an address on this thread?
By bunboy
i want some seeds! would you like some drosera multifida seeds in exchange? 2 of them are flowering right now. i dont know if they self polinate or not, but i have bees buzzing around all day. mostly i see them drinking water off my peat moss. just let me know. i also have typical cape sundew seeds, but i m pretty sure you have at least one as well.
By SDCPs
bunboy wrote:i want some seeds! would you like some drosera multifida seeds in exchange? 2 of them are flowering right now. i dont know if they self polinate or not, but i have bees buzzing around all day. mostly i see them drinking water off my peat moss. just let me know. i also have typical cape sundew seeds, but i m pretty sure you have at least one as well.
I would trade for D. binata var. multifida seeds if you can get any. They probably have to be different clones, and true seeds are 2mm long...not really small dust--those are aborted seeds. Good seeds look kindof like miniature boomerangs.
By mushrooms
Hi SDCPs,
Thanks for much for the offer. I just mailed an SASE for this offer.
Can't wait to sense what this one smells like. I love fragrant plants. ANd also this would be awesome if I can grow this under lights, as I have a lot of fungus gnats flying all over indoors. Not fun. XD
Dara

Update: 2/29/12
I had my SASE returned as it was deemed undeliverable as addressed (It's correct though). Will try again.

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

Hey all, I wanted to ask about your thoughts on Pr[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!