FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By hayproz13579
Hi. I have two vft and i want to propagate it.i just want to know more about water propagation through leave pulling.pls hope for some advise and its procedur.
By hayproz13579
Thanks Randall.its quite help me but i hope there are a video about water propagation because the image not really help me.
By Randall
Yea sorry about that, maybe me and you can learn from each other? What's your setup? Have you taken any pullings?

I have a flower stalk currently in distilled water and it was floating but is now mostly under water. Look at my setup, can't say it is working but it's a cool experiment. My setup so far is 2 100w equivalent CFL desk lamp lights at 5000k daylight and just a plain sterilized plastic Rubbermaid tub with distilled water. Water temp is around 85 degrees Fahrenheit.

Anyone's advice for us is welcome and appreciated as well. :D
Attachments:
Light setup
Light setup
IMG_20160623_213449.jpg (570.26 KiB) Viewed 2688 times
Flower stalk
Flower stalk
IMG_20160623_213506.jpg (707.2 KiB) Viewed 2688 times
Randall liked this
By hayproz13579
Nice setup.ill do this method by following your setup and hope u dont mind.however i hope you can update any improvement of your pulling.tq
By Randall
Hey don't know if you are still reading this post anymore but I said I would update for you. I did not have a successful strike; I do not think the light was strong enough for the process. I will try again next year using peat moss or live sphagnum moss. Overall, very cool experiment and learned a lot along the way. Oh, and the original VFT it multiplied anyway after the cut flower stalk! Anyways, cheers in your future endeavors man.
By hayproz13579
Randall wrote:Hey don't know if you are still reading this post anymore but I said I would update for you. I did not have a successful strike; I do not think the light was strong enough for the process. I will try again next year using peat moss or live sphagnum moss. Overall, very cool experiment and learned a lot along the way. Oh, and the original VFT it multiplied anyway after the cut flower stalk! Anyways, cheers in your future endeavors man.

Yaa so sad to hear that. Same goes to me. My pullings dont strike. Anyway gud lick too
Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!