FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Rayne
I have had a N. Jamban for a few months now, just looking for tips for it to grow more pitchers. It is pretty large. The plant overall is 1 ft long. Its receiving 70 degree weather constantly. Humidity is at 80%. Hit me up with any tips. Thanks.
By nimbulan
If the plant is having difficulty producing pitchers, it's likely either not receiving enough light, or it's one of those species that needs to wrap the tendrils around something to produce upper pitchers (I don't think this species is but I'm not sure.)

From what I understand N. jamban is a pretty tolerant species and N. dubia is more picky. It would be best to have a good temperature drop at night for both, but N. dubia will need it more.
By Leathal_Traps
You need to get those temps down. Assuming all other growth requirement are met (light, media, watering) then you should see great improvement. Try to get them at least down to 60f, but 50-55 is ideal. Jamban is a more tolerant intermediate/highlander but dubia is a highlander/ ultrahighlander and need cool temps to do well in the long run.

Good luck!
By Rayne
70-80 during day, 50-60 at night. And the high is 80 max. It usually is around 72 to 69 in there. But it drops to like 55 at night and stays pretty cold. I will buy some extra lamps to put more light in there for them.

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!