FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By katya_dog1
Wow, your ceph is looking good! Nice catch with those vfts, I am glad you posted what your filiformis looked like because now I have a reference point.

Boy, filiformis grow FAST in water! They triple their size in a week. Can't wait for the first leaves to open. :D

Everything looks good!
By tish
Matt wrote:Nice haul of VFTs!
Thanks!
katya_dog1 wrote:Wow, your ceph is looking good! Nice catch with those vfts, I am glad you posted what your filiformis looked like because now I have a reference point.

Boy, filiformis grow FAST in water! They triple their size in a week. Can't wait for the first leaves to open. :D

Everything looks good!
Thank you! Yap Filiformis grew really fast once they strike. with 2 mature leave. I think I have more than 30 strikes. Image

Sent from my SM-N9005
tish liked this
By tish
#Pinguicula #Moranensis #Heliamphora #minor #Dionaea #Muscipula #Drosera #Filiformis #Venusta

Pinguicula Moranensis Flower stalk drying/dying. I need help to know why this is so. I've hand pollinated on the 2nd day of bloom and I thought they are ok.

Heliamphora Minor - updates on the 4 grow points, 1 is getting tall the all the existing pitcher

This tiny one is getting blocked, looks like a push over from my first impression lol

FTC Red mix VFT seedlings, slow growing as expected, but too slow in my care :D

FTC Mix VFT seedlings, I like how some of them fan out in a spiral

Drosera Venusta seedlings, still look like Tokaiensis - But I've seen picture on the net, they are like this at first.

Drosera Filiformis plantlets - All look so good after transplanting in Peat/sand mix
tish liked this
By katya_dog1
Wow! The seedlings from the FTS mix look great!
By SFLguy
I'm guessing that if the flower stalk is drying up, it's either because it wasn't a successful pollination or the seeds are done (that seems way too fast though)
By tish
SFLguy wrote:I'm guessing that if the flower stalk is drying up, it's either because it wasn't a successful pollination or the seeds are done (that seems way too fast though)
Too fast i agree. I read it take a month to process the seeds. Looks like another failed attempts. I'll try again next flowering , hopefully i can cross when more flowers bloom together.

Sent from my SM-N9005
By tish
SFLguy wrote:Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :( I hope you have better luck with the next ones!
Ohh dont worry about it. Thanks for enlightening me. I needed some confirmations too. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005
By tish
The one bloom first did and the second one is starting to. I guessed both failed. They are hand pollinate with their own pollens. But I do noticed there is very little pollens to harvest in the first place.

Sent from my SM-N9005
By SFLguy
Hmm, is it possible that one of the parent plant species needs a genetically different plant to produce seed? If so that could also be your problem
By tish
SFLguy wrote:Hmm, is it possible that one of the parent plant species needs a genetically different plant to produce seed? If so that could also be your problem
Hmm, I'm not sure, there is so many Moranensis hybrid around I thought it was easy to pollinate with it's own pollens. If it can't be done this way, then I may need another plant instead of clones :(
Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!