FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By jwbates26
You're ceph is produce mature pitchers now. It is surprising how much bigger they are then the immature pitcher. I know how exciting it is watching them grow and mature. For those of us without children our plants kind of take that place.
jwbates26 liked this
By tish
jwbates26 wrote:You're ceph is produce mature pitchers now. It is surprising how much bigger they are then the immature pitcher. I know how exciting it is watching them grow and mature. For those of us without children our plants kind of take that place.

Yes Jason! Very exciting!! Finally after soooo long, I got to see at least 1 mature pitcher. But I am wondering how under these T5 lights they still remain all green and only pinkisk and yellowish when drying.

These plants has a special place in my heart too :)
By tish
Hi all. Its been 3months since I had my Artificial light. I feel something is not right as my plants do not seems to grow properly. I can't really explain what is going on but its my Instinct. I had just adjusted the height of the lights to 25 cm above plant level as i find it too warm with 4 tubes of HO T5. and there is no fan at the moment as this set up is beside my window. Highest temperature at 96F and humidity 60+ for now.

By tish
Got a happy news today. Mum text me to inform that my package has arrived and I told her to keep it in the fridge. I thought it will arrive a week later. Postage seems quite fast from Czech Republic.

They were Wacky Trap (to replace my dried dead one from Germany), Pink Venus and Bohemian Garnet.
Looks fresh from the pot except for the Pink Venus.

Potted up in a rush as it was getting quite late. Not to mention I had to post!

Overall, among all the sellers I've dealt. I still prefer FTS plants. They are the healthiest lot. What's stopping me is my country's documentation charges. Overkill!
By tish
LAKJP wrote:Your collection has grown again :D I'm envious of you!
Each time I had some extra cash. I'll add a little :lol: Space running out again :lol:

Right now I think my growing area is not optimum. I need to adjust something before the plant starts to die. out of 3 pot of Cephs. 2 is not doing well. New plants show signs of stress like the Cross teeth trap bending backwards. Typical deform traps. Small vft has a lot of dead traps on the outside but luckily is still putting out new traps. Plants remain small or has become smaller.

Maybe I'm stressing myself. Not sure what is going on. :?
By tish
coline wrote:You say that from VFTs, but what about other plants growths?
Sundew seems to gets very dewy, Burmannii turns reddish. i think Sundew are growing well in these conditions.
Matt wrote:Awesome!
thanks Matt :)

LAKJP wrote:Because of you, I now want to try growing a Cephalotus! :D
You should! I think mine is a Typical from Malaysia. I takes "ages" to get a mature pitcher but it was worth the wait!
By coline
Exactly, as you see, the other plants like it, except the ones that have a temperate cycle as VFT. And that means you have a very good indoor setting with tropical conditions.

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!