FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Frothy_Milk
I have had this Venus flytrap for a while now as it was my first one. I would assume over the past two months or so it would have acclimated to my environment. I live in zone 9 and summer is currently high 70's and humidity is around 50%. This VFT is not doing so well though.

There is a lot of new growth but the traps are just stopping or slowing down at some point. Should I keep them under the shade of my sarracenia and drosera binata to prevent sunburn? I don't know what I could be doing wrong aside from it getting too much direct hot sun and it getting burned. There is no pest, and there is no fungus or mold.

I have grocery store flytraps that are doing better and have gotten more large growth than this one from California carnivores.

What's wrong???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By uusa2000
I would leave it shaded by the other plants for a few. Long as its getting some bright shade and water.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
By twitterglitter
I'm wondering if maybe it's staying too wet. The sundews and sarracenia look good,but they like quite a bit more water than the fly trap.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
By uusa2000
Frothy_Milk wrote:I have had this Venus flytrap for a while now as it was my first one. I would assume over the past two months or so it would have acclimated to my environment. I live in zone 9 and summer is currently high 70's and humidity is around 50%. This VFT is not doing so well though.

There is a lot of new growth but the traps are just stopping or slowing down at some point. Should I keep them under the shade of my sarracenia and drosera binata to prevent sunburn? I don't know what I could be doing wrong aside from it getting too much direct hot sun and it getting burned. There is no pest, and there is no fungus or mold.

I have grocery store flytraps that are doing better and have gotten more large growth than this one from California carnivores.

What's wrong???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have the temperature recently went up? Usually an unexpected heat wave would cause this, But with positive rebound.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

*Phew* Okay, hadn't updated this is awhile. :l[…]

Well.. its been a few weeks. I've watched my dog l[…]

All Mineral Media

I just got the Pinguicula soil mix from CalCarn […]

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!