FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Wikiwakawakawee
Has anybody ever experienced this? When a pitcher that stopped growing suddenly starts growing again even after pitchers that came after it already fully developed?

This might just be my imagination, but I'm pretty sure it started to grow again because this pitcher was completely horizontal for a couple of months, but now within the last week or so, it's gone and straightened itself out! And it's also getting darker in color all of a sudden!

The weird thing is that it's had this stunted Pitcher since December, and the plant started to grow another pitcher (which fully developed and is still alive to this day),but the stunted Pitcher never did anything, it just layed sideways up until a week ago.

Has anybody ever seen this before??? I inspect my plants daily in the morning and evening, so I'm definitely noticing some differences of growth and color on this pitcher!

-The Waka
By Wikiwakawakawee
It's at about 2 inches now, I'll measure it in a week to see if it's actually growing or not

Here's a picture to show that it was actually stunted because it's growing from the leaf under the one the last pitcher opened from.

-The Waka
By Salute flytraps234
Actually this happened to me, because when I got my ventracosa x hirsuta it had tons of studed pitchers and one them and know it's started to inflate, and develop. I got this plant early January.Image I don't have photo when I first got it but here is the pither

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By carnigrower
I've had this happen a lot of the time in winter or when conditions aren't to great and when spring starts or the conditions become more favorable, the stalled pitchers start to grow again. I grow on a windowsill so I notice this at least once a year.

Mark
By Wikiwakawakawee
carnigrower wrote:I've had this happen a lot of the time in winter or when conditions aren't to great and when spring starts or the conditions become more favorable, the stalled pitchers start to grow again. I grow on a windowsill so I notice this at least once a year.

Mark
Nice, it makes sense actually, it has been getting warmer. I was just under the impression that once they are stunted, they're pretty much killed off by the plant, but I guess that's not the case[FACE SAVOURING DELICIOUS FOOD]

-The Waka
By Wikiwakawakawee
Well, it definitely grew, it's a little over 4.5 inches now, and popped it's lid open yesterday, about a week from the time I posted this.
It's still noticeably smaller than the pitcher that came after it though, was hoping it would grow more.

-The Waka

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!