FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Shelilla
I got excited for a split second when I spotted a splash of green in one of my seed containers, but turns out it was just a sneaky little freeloading sprout! XD not sure how it got in there, possibly from the Peat Moss when I was rinsing it (when I poured it out in the grass I realized there was a lot of peat moss in the remaining water and tried to salvage some of it, so things may have gotten picked up)
Any clue what it is? I must admit, it's rather cute- it gives off a cheerful feeling. If it's not going to be harmful to my seeds I may let it stay for a while....
IMG_1200.JPG
IMG_1200.JPG (499.82 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
There was another one in the other container! (Although thankfully in an empty spot) I know for absolute certain they were not there yesterday...naughty little fellows
IMG_1201.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG (390.53 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
By Shelilla
Benurmanii wrote:Pull it now. The roots can take over the entire pot in no time at all. While I agree they are cute, they are pretty much the devil in disguise.
Ah I had a feeling. Well that's fine since the CP seeds always should come first.
Any clue as to what they are though?
By Shelilla
Pulled them just now, better to do it early considering how fast they appeared. I felt a little guilty/sad to uproot such a delicate little life though so I lay them in the pots that my dad is randomly growing squash seeds in.
By Branmuffin
Shelilla wrote:Pulled them just now, better to do it early considering how fast they appeared. I felt a little guilty/sad to uproot such a delicate little life though so I lay them in the pots that my dad is randomly growing squash seeds in.
Ha, you are quite the kind soul. A lot of VFT growers will plant 100's or 1000's of seed and then go and "terminate" the seedlings with undesirable (typical) characteristics. I can't even imagine what you think of these kinds of people!
Branmuffin liked this
By Shadowtski
Branmuffin wrote:
Shelilla wrote:Pulled them just now, better to do it early considering how fast they appeared. I felt a little guilty/sad to uproot such a delicate little life though so I lay them in the pots that my dad is randomly growing squash seeds in.
Ha, you are quite the kind soul. A lot of VFT growers will plant 100's or 1000's of seed and then go and "terminate" the seedlings with undesirable (typical) characteristics. I can't even imagine what you think of these kinds of people!
In addition to CP, I also grow a few Passiflora incarnata and edulis ( Passion flower ). I'm a member of a few of those FB groups also.

Those guys are hardcore into hybridizing them to create unbelievably beautiful crosses. They routinely post pictures of hybrids I would die for, saying this result is not up to their standards, away to the compost pile with it. That hurts deep down to your soul. Me. I'd let try to save and nurture every ugly unsuitable weak creature I created.

Good growing,
Mike
Passiflora incarnata
Passiflora incarnata
Passiflora01.JPG (73.2 KiB) Viewed 2128 times
Passion flower with fruit
Passion flower with fruit
PassifloraDSC06783.jpg (140.05 KiB) Viewed 2128 times
Shadowtski liked this

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

^^^^ N. boschiana "BE 3643" x sanguinea […]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!