FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Smooter80
How does the guy from New York/Spain have supposed pics of the actual seeds germinated and the harvest date less than a week old? Also the fact that he misrepresents his location is against eBay policy. Expect a month to get the seeds according to his recent listings.
By PetroleumJunkie412
HeliamphoraWalnut wrote:Sure, you want rajah x edwardsiana? Go to that guy he's totally legit :lol:
So the package came with my seed from Spain. Interestingly, it is nepenthes seed. Let's see what happens if I plant and attempt to germinate it. Who knows. Hamata x rajah would be something you'd all be begging for a cutting from. :lol:
By Smooter80
I don't doubt he sends Nep seeds. I don't believe his dates and highly question the species/crosses. The good thing is many Nep seeds are good for much longer than is often thought. You could get some great plants even if he's not honest about the dates. Time will tell. Good luck and keep us updated!!
By boarderlib
A quick update on my rarexoticseeds seeds, as far as I can tell they are a wash. I got Nep seeds, and some Drosera seeds from them and not one has germinated. I do have a Nauz Nep seed that has germinated though, so I have a N bongso (I think that's the right spelling) on its way.

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/board ... 30434.html
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/board ... 31990.html
By PetroleumJunkie412
I've been dealing with a guy on eBay, username exotics-of-wonderland. His seeds are completely legitimate, and so far with lfs and peat germination, I have a few hundred nepenthes seedlings growing. He is awesome to deal with, usually includes bonus seeds, and stands behind his stuff. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Oh, and cheap as well!
By nimbulan
PetroleumJunkie412 wrote:I've been dealing with a guy on eBay, username exotics-of-wonderland. His seeds are completely legitimate, and so far with lfs and peat germination, I have a few hundred nepenthes seedlings growing. He is awesome to deal with, usually includes bonus seeds, and stands behind his stuff. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Oh, and cheap as well!
Yeah I've heard his seeds are good too. One local grower here bought some last year though I haven't heard what sort of germination rate he's had.
By PetroleumJunkie412
Planting date January 2, 2017. Not too bad so far. Most of the pictured plants are either viking x amp tricolor, or (miribilis x amp) x (thorelli x veitchii)
DSC_0171.JPG
DSC_0171.JPG (655.76 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
By nimbulan
Bluemoon wrote:Very nice! Does he import from nurseries or wild seed collectors? Or does he make his own?
It's my understanding that he resells seed bred in SEA nurseries (probably mostly Thailand) though I wouldn't be surprised if he produces some himself as well.
By Bluemoon
nimbulan wrote:
Bluemoon wrote:Very nice! Does he import from nurseries or wild seed collectors? Or does he make his own?
It's my understanding that he resells seed bred in SEA nurseries (probably mostly Thailand) though I wouldn't be surprised if he produces some himself as well.
Hmm, I got the reseller vibe from his listings, but the fact that people have gotten good germination rates from his seed will make me take a harder look at what he has in the future.
By PetroleumJunkie412
Bluemoon wrote:
nimbulan wrote:
Hmm, I got the reseller vibe from his listings, but the fact that people have gotten good germination rates from his seed will make me take a harder look at what he has in the future.
Update: this one is looking promising. Every one of my germination cups of this cross is starting to look like this.
DSC_0206.JPG
DSC_0206.JPG (466.13 KiB) Viewed 3807 times
PetroleumJunkie412 liked this

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Drosera germination time

I got the burmannii seeds a bit before you did, an[…]

Update: I backed off on the watering frequency and[…]

Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!