FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By CPcaregiver
Oh,I didn't know that.That would explain much.Though next time I wish to get a new plant,I will use caution when ordering from that site.And if need be,I will gladly become a customer HERE if they prove to be as bad a CP retailer you all say.
Happy growing all!
By antoinemoore90
Hi i ordered a king henery , and crested petiole venus flytrap from petflytrap.com last fall . When i finally recieved them in the mail and unwrappaed them i was so upset to find my king henery had root/bulb rot on it and the so call crested petiole that i got was a clump of small typical vft, later after they went dorment as i was break them apart in the center of all the typical was a very very small crested petiole.Only reason why i didnt complain was because didnt want to no bs. Oh yeah all the venus flytrap that i have gotten from steve and matt over the years have been well grown and love and large even larger then what was post on there website by them and grow there own stock not like other carnivorous plant provider who buy them from retailer.
antoinemoore90 liked this
By MurphysLaw
BoothEatsBUGS wrote:GAH! I REALLY wish I would have researched this company before buying. I too recently spent SIXTY DOLLARS on 2 plants! I was so disappointed to unbox them! Look at this 40 dollar nepenthes I bought from them

And a 10 dollar big mouth that is about the size of a penny.

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN! NEVER!
Don't feel bad, I spent 3X that and ended up lossing 3 expensive plants due to their rotted condition when I received them. All three looked like cuttings that just started to grow and were not ready to ship (rotted roots). They were also water logged when I received them. We all know how Neps love to have wet feet! ... But hey!, Mike stated that they were good!
BTW, No customer service with Mike. He ignored my emails and photos..
By Cthulhu
I am just going to stay completely clear of this company all together. The fact that he deleted the posters message on facebook and then went on to bash another company (by claiming he doubted that FTC would send such a LARGE plant... blah!) and then to tell the person not to post these things on their facebook page I think speaks volumes of the company.

Personally, I value a company (and people) who can say "you know, you're right.. I'm sorry.. what can I do to make you happy" over one that filters its reviews (he admittedly deleted the post..) .. yeah, I'm not standing behind a company like that.

I'm quite happy with the plant I received from FTC (it's both huge and healthy and came perfectly shipped!) and I am SO GLAD I avoided petflytrap.com!
By theSirens
Oh my gosh. :shock: I realized something!
I was reading through various posts in the forums again,
and came upon a review of the PetFlytrap.com store.

I was very surprised- because these tiny flytraps http://www.flytrapcare.com/carnivorous- ... otoid=6445
I got were actually from that company!
Well, I bought it at Walmart's plant section,
but the care instructions that came with it
were from PetFlytrap.com.

I gave one of them away to my housemate-
the other two had died.

It makes me wonder how a company can take such poor care
of their plants. When I first bought it, there was this terrible plastic piece
tied around the pot, with water sprinkled on the sides.
The instructions said that it was in order to retain humidity,
but I soon learned from this forum that the plastic
would do harm to my plant.
And the pot it came in was too small,
and I remember that the soil was crawling with little bugs.

From what others have posted, I think that the only reason
these tiny flytraps were remotely in okay condition,
was because Walmart wouldn't sell dying plants in the first place.
But I paid 8 dollars, tax included, for this pot of tiny flytraps.
I think that was a ridiculous price compared to what I paid
to get a healthy, high quality plant from the FTS.

Well, now that I know, I doubt I'll purchase plants anywhere else but here. :)
By pyrotuc
i was literally *just* about to hit confirm on an order from them, i am soooooo glad i stopped to read this first! youre a lifesaver!
By Jimbok3
jht-union wrote:My question is,

What can we do, or people do to make notice about petflytrap.
He's basically stealing people. He's not providing the plants on time, nor in good quality. If this continues the newer people will probably not buy vft's because they think is hard. They have never received plants from FTS, they assumed the quality of vft's, or their chances of living are that bad.

I have never bought plants from petflytrap, but for sure the quality is extremely bad.

Somebody has to do something, but is that even allowed to terminate someone on the internet???????
I'm sure lots of us have seen the quality of the plants by other members that have bought from petflytrap, and still we just keep going, and forget about it because we know FTS is here to solve all of our problems :D . But for the newer people who just don't look more vft's websites......i feel sorry for them.
It might be possible for fraudulant sales (There should be a few laws to deal with this, I can't think of them off the top of my head)
By happiness
Wow. I'm so glad I found this site before Petflytrap.. New owners of VFT's such as myself would have never known that they were getting ripped off!

Wish your other pictures weren't broken. :(

& I didn't know Bohemian Garnet VFT's looked so beautiful!
By Ambanja
My experience was also absolutely horrible with them. I purchased three nepenthes: Robcantleyi, Truncata 'Pasian', and Izumiae 'Lusung Tungkut'. Here is a picture of the Izumiae the day I received it:
The growth node just continued to blacken and the plant soon died. I emailed them a few times with photos but no response.
The other two plants survived but were in pretty bad shape - I'm so glad I repotted them soon after getting them because I noticed large twigs (some two inches long) in their LFS that were rotting w white mold on them.
No matter how much you want one of the plants they sell, don't do it!!!
Ambanja liked this
By xr280xr
How did the G14x do? I ordered a G14 Rosetted in the winter (from California Carnivores). I got two small rhizomes with leaves barely wider than a millimeter and tiny traps. Come spring their trap sizes increased exponentially with each new leaf. They've now got a bunch of nice 1/2-3/4" traps with good color and they've both divided as well. I realize that wasn't your point of disappointment with that plant, but just wondering if maybe you didn't get short sold on plant size for that one.
By Matt
xr280xr wrote:How did the G14x do?
I honestly wasn't very interested in growing it. I think I've lost it. I don't know where the plant went. Years ago I was offered G14 rosetted in tissue culture. I didn't want it, but Gary (goldslinger on these forums) took it and propagated it and that's how PetFlytrap and California Carnivores got it (Gary wholesales TC plants to multiple vendors). I simply decided it wasn't one of the plants I'd like to see in the FlytrapStore.

I mostly placed the order with PetFlytrap to see their shipping methods, the quality of their plants, quickness with which the order is filled, etc., in order to compare and make sure we (FTS) is on par with the competition. I have placed an order or two with most vendors now. I've never had as bad of an experience as I did with PetFlytrap, which is why I started this thread.
Matt liked this
By bigpurp57
You should have read the threads about that place from last year, I bought two plants from him, they were the worst, only one survived, a Sarracenia, but the flytrap died, they guy is a rip off and should not be selling CP's, he gave as an excuse that his wife had left him and taken the kids and he was left "all alone" to tend to the plants, he must pay for his ranking in the SEO's because his business is bogus. CHECK THE THREADS MATT!

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!