FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Earthy
this is a seed-grown seedling that I received from someone that was grown from a mixed parentage seed pack. I love the short teeth and the extreme arch to the midribs it has (I'll have to take a side shot for that). it grows prostrate all year. does anyone have a clue maybe as to what the parentage could be?
By GreenOhio
My guess would be that there are Dentate Traps (Dente) genetics in there somewhere. Many of the cultivated varieties have been circulating around for quite a while now with DT being one of the older ones, and their influence as breeding stock on many other plants (like Jaws) can be seen. I think this why you seed so many seed-growns popping up looking like Dente, Fused Tooth, Low Giant, etc. Just a hunch though...
By xr280xr
A good guess. It could be anything, really. The parent(s) didn't event necessarily have to have short teeth.
By Matt
Almost certainly has Dentate Traps (Dente) genealogy in it. Perhaps not the immediate parents, but somewhere along the line it likely had Dentate Traps as one of its parents.

It's not necessarily the case that the offspring look like the parents, but the short-tooth trait of Dente seems to be relatively easily inherited.
Matt liked this
By Earthy
Okay cool. It's doing well; has really bounced back from a bout with mites earlier in the summer. It just looks so "crisp" lol. I love the short teeth on it :)
Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!