FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

What Is Your Favorite Carnivorous Plant?

Dioneae muscipula
No votes
0%
Sarraccenias ( any species)
No votes
0%
sarracenia Purpurea
No votes
0%
sarracenia allabamensis
No votes
0%
sarracenia rubra
No votes
0%
sarracenia alata
No votes
0%
sarracenia leucophylla
No votes
0%
sarracenia minor
No votes
0%
sarracenia psitticina
No votes
0%
celaphotus ( any species)
No votes
0%
heliamphoria( any species)
No votes
0%
drosera intermedia
No votes
0%
drosera adalea
No votes
0%
drosera ( any species not listed)
No votes
0%
utricularia ( any species)
No votes
0%
By theflytrapboy
so expect lots of photos from me soon. each one will be titled "Photos" and will be of my CP's, but since they are assorted ones i will just upload it into chit chat unless theres somewhere else that i should be putting it on. so here are the pics.
here are my sarracenia leucophylla. you can see browning of the pitchers where the insects are decaying on one of the pitchers. also because of all the stuff its caught there is tons of new growth from the center. i counted 8 leaves!
here are my sarracenia leucophylla. you can see browning of the pitchers where the insects are decaying on one of the pitchers. also because of all the stuff its caught there is tons of new growth from the center. i counted 8 leaves!
plants of the day 52310 021.JPG (83.95 KiB) Viewed 3208 times
so as you can see sarracenias never let themselves lose a leave without putting up TONSSSSS of new ones! thats just a little notice i made about sarracenias that new growers should know in case they see a brown spot so they know it is just decaying bugs and is natural. especially after catching a wasp ( like mine did about a week ago) growers should also note that wasps do not make good plant food because they are capable of making small holes and squirming a bit more than most bugs and therefore should not be fed to sarracenias often. but if yours is grown in full sun, is wet, and healthy will have less noticable effects and if its healthy enough, no effects! just one of the benefits from growing it outside!

update as of may 2010 daily updates. i will be posting some pics of darlingtonia ( or rather a quick video on youtube and putting link here ) but since im busy making the next little CP video for you guys and my YT viewers i will just give you all a link to a video i just made and uploaded. its a nice looking macro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41vkpuvPMbY thanks will get darlingtonias up tomorrow bye.

oh and please vote in the poll i just made. if their is a plant you want added please let me know and ill add.
Attachments:
plants of the day 52310 002.JPG
plants of the day 52310 002.JPG (73.75 KiB) Viewed 3208 times
Last edited by theflytrapboy on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
theflytrapboy liked this
By Andrew
Hello theflytrapboy. Just wondering if your making a new thread each time or editing this one?
Last edited by Andrew on Sun May 23, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By theflytrapboy
is it possible to delete everything in this thread and put new stuff in? hmmmmmm. well if it is possible ill do that otherwise ill make new threads.
theflytrapboy liked this
By emmalish
Why would you delete what's here? Personally, I like being able to see all of someone's photos in one place so we can see how their plants have grown over time.
By Andrew
Yeah, dont make new threads, it would be a waste of space when you could just keep making additions to your first post. You could just say, for example, May 23rd: Plants of the Day: (Insert Pictures here).
That would make it easier for everybody to view your photos, but at the same time, save space on the forum and not have every second thread " Photos. "

I really like your idea, once I get my collection of plants, I might do the same, but on my grow list thread. ;)
By theflytrapboy
hey ya know what ill do that idea. i wont delete anything! so what ill do is i will put the date down for each day and show a daily update and show everyone the progress of my plants!
By Andrew
Okay, sounds great! :D I look forward to seeing some of your plants!
By theflytrapboy
hello peopl! ive been at six flags and couldnt update ( i was on a strings incentive) and you can just go to my YT theamazingplant2 and look at the stuff there. by for now.
theflytrapboy liked this

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

So, what's your watering frequency? :)

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Drosera germination time

I planted seven different types of seeds on 03/09/[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!