FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Kenny Soewondo
Hi Guys, I succeeded taking 2 VFTs from Usa to Indonesia without any immigration problems, now I have repoted them to a 32 OZ cup styrofoam, They seem to like it, but today I teased one of the traps but It didn't close or respond to the teasing...are the plants shocked or stressed? When should I start feeding it?

The trap itself is about 1,2 centimeters in length. (still small)
And what would you reckon of its age? (6 months or more maybe?)
By Aging_Bourbon
Wow that's awesome man! Congrats!
By marvin1997
The traps not closing is probably because it's old. Congratulations by the way! A picture would be nice
By 95slvrZ28
Congrats on making it out without any issues! Give the plants a little bit of time to settle into their new environment and allow them to start growing again. Don't get ahead of yourself on trying to feed the plants. Also, don't worry about needing to feed them as it's not required for them to do well.
By Steve_D
Trap insensitivity can be caused by having been triggered too many times already, the trap's age, and sometimes salt or chemical burn from water too high in dissolved solids.

Hopefully they'll grow well for you in Indonesia. Let everyone know how they are doing, and photos would be great if you can take some. :)
By Kenny Soewondo
Hi guys, I've measured the water draining out from the pots, it was 10 ppm, is this okay? I plant them in sphagnum moss...(pure sphagnum moss)..heh heh..I will ost some pictures later..how much time does a VFT need to make new traps? 4 days?

Thanks!
By Aging_Bourbon
Kenny Soewondo wrote:I've measured the water draining out from the pots, it was 10 ppm, is this okay?
Yes, as long as it's below 50PPM
Kenny Soewondo wrote:how much time does a VFT need to make new traps? 4 days?
Depends on the conditions that you give them but I say give them a week or twoo.
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, I just wanted your thoughts on Dionaea m.[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!