FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
I've been working on improving the forum a bit over the last few days, hopefully making it easier to use and to post. I have added a lot of new features, but there are a couple that I'd like to point out quickly:

Quick Reply - At the bottom of every topic page, you should now see a textarea labeled "QUICK REPLY" where you can quickly post a response without having to go to a separate page.

Multi-quote - On the right side of every post is the little box with the poster's information (avatar image, number of posts, join date, location, number of thanks, etc.). Well, you'll now see a "Quote" link there as well. Here's how to use it:
1) Find a post that you want to quote.
2) Select the particular text that you'd like to quote by highlighting it.
3) After the text is highlighted, click the "Quote" link on the right side under the user's avatar.
4) You will be brought down to the "Quick Reply" box with the quoted text inserted for you.
5) If you'd like to quote multiple people in one reply, scroll back up, find the next person you'd like to quote and repeat steps 1 through 3.

I hope people find these features helpful. I'm liking them very much so far and finding them very useful.

NOTE - If anyone is having problems seeing these features or the formatting on the forums simply looks messed up, trying clearing your brower's cache and doing a hard refresh (CTRL + F5).

Happy posting!
Matt, Matt, Matt and 2 others liked this
By Matt
Adam wrote:I distinctly remember using the highlight to quote before... was there another way to do that before?
Yes, any time you're replying to a thread, you can scroll down to the posts below, highlight the text you'd like to quote and then hit the "Quote" button on the top right corner of the post. The new method just saves a little bit of time.

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!