FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By bombsboy
i think its yellow. can someone verify?
ahem matt
jk
:lol:
quality was too good, so i had to shrink it :lol:
Attachments:
yellow?
yellow?
DSCN3774interwebs.jpg (118.02 KiB) Viewed 5503 times
By Aging_Bourbon
Lack of sunlight
By kittyklaws
Yea...it looks good to me, doesn't look like it's not getting any sun.There's lots of nice green leaves, no brown, no long thin growth... Nice plant btw! :)
By kittyklaws
well, I don't know, I only meant that it looked pretty healthy and not suffering from lack of light :)
By 95slvrZ28
I see the yellow you're talking about, maybe it's just the lighting. The potting medium looks pretty wet, if other leaves start to turn yellow I'd check for root rot.
By kittyklaws
95slvrZ28 wrote:I see the yellow you're talking about, maybe it's just the lighting. The potting medium looks pretty wet, if other leaves start to turn yellow I'd check for root rot.
:o oh snap, I just noticed that! the two yellow leaves among a bunch of green ones...that's strange...I hope you're plant is okay
By Matt
Did you receive the plant labeled as "yellow"? That's the only way to guarantee that it's a "yellow" clone unless you're naming this plant yourself.

Looks like a green typical plant to me. The plants on either side of it don't have much coloration either. Is it in a terrarium? It looks like I can see a silicon seal just below the pot.
bombsboy wrote:it gets a 16 hour photp period of direct sun!
How is that possible? The sun is only up 11.5 hours a day right now in Orange, CA. See sunrise and sunset times here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=866

Even if the sun were up 16 hours a day, it's very unlikely that you'd be able to give the plant 16 hours of direct sunlight unless you live in the middle of an open area far away from any buildings, trees or mountains.

I got a yellow seedling out of Steve_D's seeds last year. See some photos here:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/tissu ... tml#p33638

I also recently received a "Yellow" culture and the plant is actually colored banana yellow. I wouldn't call a plant as green as yours yellow.
By bombsboy
Ya I live up on a hill and it is in a terrarium. I forcedit thru summer dormancy and will be putting it through dormancy next winter that comes. Well I'll wait till summer and see if any red colorations occur. Any tips? I think this is a green one according to pics and an email to the previous owner.
By Matt
bombsboy wrote:Well I'll wait till summer and see if any red colorations occur. Any tips?
Dionaea usually color up the most for me in late summer and early fall. Sometime around late August or early September they usually color up nicely. Of course, that's with natural direct sunlight. I'm not sure what kind of light your plant is getting through the terrarium glass. Is it under artificial lighting too?
By bombsboy
i think accodring to a book i have it is named "heterodoxa" (excuse my spelling). it says it is rosetted year round and is flat to the ground year round. little if any red pigment is present in all seasons of the plant growth.
Fishing

I'll list them then and let you all see what you m[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!