FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about your orchids and share photos of them here

Moderator: Matt

By Aozora
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:
Aozora wrote:bought a piece of wood yesterday +/- 60cm (24inch), but when i got home i noticed some small round holes in the wood.

so you might already gues what im going to ask, do you have any idea how to get rid of woodworm? Image

i suppose that everyone who uses wood will sooner or later bumb into these things right?
Sorry, I have no idea how to get rid of those, but make sure your piece of wood is somewhat water resistant.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
got aquarium wood so i have no problems with the water resistance :p

i let it soak in water for a few hours and put it outside (will have freezing temps of around -10C for the next few days) so that must be enough to kill the woodworms, if there were any to begin with.
By Wikiwakawakawee
Aozora wrote:
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:
Aozora wrote:bought a piece of wood yesterday +/- 60cm (24inch), but when i got home i noticed some small round holes in the wood.

so you might already gues what im going to ask, do you have any idea how to get rid of woodworm? Image

i suppose that everyone who uses wood will sooner or later bumb into these things right?
Sorry, I have no idea how to get rid of those, but make sure your piece of wood is somewhat water resistant.

got aquarium wood so i have no problems with the water resistance Image

i let it soak in water for a few hours and put it outside (will have freezing temps of around -10C for the next few days) so that must be enough to kill the woodworms, if there were any to begin with.
Well I hope you get rid of them, good luck!Image

By PitBulMom
Do you have to use the Cork wood, or could you use just a piece of wood like a Pecan wood?? Or maybe Mulberry or Almond wood?
I would love to try growing an Orchid! Just a little intimidated. Hubby says if I can learn how to grow them he'll be happy to buy me some!
Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!