FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Fly Trap Hunter
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this strange phenomena that we have in coastal states because of the severe storms.

When I was young, my grandmamma told to go beat some plants with a broom to make them grow. Well, it works. Hurricanes seem to have the same affect IMHO. I have tomatoes on green vines right now. And several vfts are just exploding with new growth and divisions. It was a tough hot and rainy Summer for fly traps. And for a lil info, these fly traps were likely dried out and recovering when we got the hurricanes. But now, with less rain and more sunshine, I have 20 little traps coming out of 1 division. I wish I just had 4 or 5 coming out at once, but most have way way too many tiny traps coming out. And they are so slow. My B52 has 6 divisions and 120 baby fly traps. My pinnacle looks like it has a patch of green moss in the middle but its a ton of tiny fly traps. I hope it comes out before dormancy. I will get some pics shortly. I'm amazed but frustrated because Ive watched these tiny traps for a month and they havnt grown a millimeter.

I went to the Rehder Gardens and some of the fly traps there are similar looking. just exploding with new growth. But the fly traps there are bigger than mine, so all traps are bigger scale.
rehder garden planter
rehder garden planter
IMG_6846.JPG (610.18 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
By Fly Trap Hunter
grun
grun
IMG_6973.JPG (259.76 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
b52
b52
IMG_6974.JPG (160.16 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
txc
txc
IMG_6972.JPG (139.57 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
maybe this is because they dried out and were stressed. but they are blowing up in a tiny way. My typicals are making a lot of divisions as well. Maybe they make divisions in the Fall and no big deal?
By twitterglitter
I'm not on the coast, I'm on the south west end of Tennessee,and quite a few of my fly traps are doing the same thing. Maybe it's just the southern weather?

A couple of my northern friends have bigger plants, but not the divisions.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
By Fly Trap Hunter
twitterglitter wrote:I'm not on the coast, I'm on the south west end of Tennessee,and quite a few of my fly traps are doing the same thing. Maybe it's just the southern weather?

I dont know either. I know I like divisions. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By twitterglitter
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:
twitterglitter wrote:I'm not on the coast, I'm on the south west end of Tennessee,and quite a few of my fly traps are doing the same thing. Maybe it's just the southern weather?

I dont know either. I know I like divisions. Image Image Image
All those baby plants sure are nice! I've got a carpet of divisions in one pot, so I hope the get big enough to tell how many are in there next growing season.

By Fly Trap Hunter
b52
b52
IMG_7093.JPG (208.9 KiB) Viewed 1625 times
txc
txc
IMG_7095.JPG (156.61 KiB) Viewed 1625 times
The B52 has 14 divisions and the Trichterfalle x Coquillage has 6 divisions. and they all grow so slow. I guess its a lot of energy to start up all those tiny divisions. that point about northerners having bigger plants and southerners more divisions is interesting.

4 Review(s) | Add Your Review
twitterglitter wrote:
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:

I dont know either. I know I like divisions. Image Image Image
All those baby plants sure are nice! I've got a carpet of divisions in one pot, so I hope the get big enough to tell how many are in there next growing season.

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!