FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By UsagiGreenPaw
I am plant obsessed focusing mainly on succulents and cacti. However, I do have 2 droseras, capensis and spatulata(?), a ping. cyclosecta, and two more pings on the way.

Still getting the hang of plants in general, but I do like research and tend to have very specific but easy to answer questions that consist of me verifying my best guess.
Excited to add more carniverous plants, likely a few more droseras!
By UsagiGreenPaw
saltyop wrote:zone 8 is the optimal zone for carnivorous plants, im lucky to live to zone 9 :D
Oh! I did not know that zone 8 was good for hungry plants! Encouraging because wow....there are quite a few more sundews I want. XD

Zone 9? Maybe you'd like some succulents? Lol
By UsagiGreenPaw
nimbulan wrote:I definitely wouldn't say zone 8 is optimal. It significantly limits what can be grown outdoors during winter though we definitely don't need to go to extraordinary lengths to protect plants like people in colder climates do.
True true. I'm in an apartment with a large patio I'm not really allowed to use (up to two 5 gallon pots maximum per the lease and nothing allowed on rails) so all my growing is indoors. Even my Japanese purple sweet potato. XD

I'm going with succulents mostly since they dont seem to contribute to humidity. Theres also a clause in the lease that states youre not allowed to have too many plants, but they dont specify beyond that.

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!