FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Orit
I don't have room for any more flytraps, and I HAVE to save money. But ... Purple Haze! And Trichterfalle×Coquillage. And G16. And all the "freaks"... (And i definitely would not turn away from another mystery box.)

It really is an addiction.
By Sakaaaaa
I had a nightmare... I dreamt someone replaced all the media with garden soil and watered it with tap water...
Sakaaaaa liked this
By mo_carnivore
The only thing pulling you through the day is the knowledge that you will get some plant mail that evening.

Scenario 1:
You run to the mailbox, heart full of anticipation. You open it and you see...

Nothing.

You stand there for 5 minutes in silence and slowly walk into your house.
You spend the next 2 hours looking at pictures of the plant you were going to get and think that tomorrow will never come.

Scenario 2:
You jump on the awaiting package in your mailbox and immediately start unpacking the contents even though it's 30 degrees outside and you're wearing a t-shirt, because you're afraid that if your plants are outside too long they'll freeze. Then you spend the next hour trying to fit them into a good space in you grow area, only to find that you don't have a good space in your grow area and you'll need another set of lights again. Sigh...
By Orit
Scenario 3: Tracking says they're in the parcel locker, but - gasp - no key was left in your mailbox! So you stand outside the mailboxes waiting for all your neighbors to drive by to see if they've got the key in their mail, and when they don't, you suspect them of hiding it even though you know very well that no one else gives a damn about VFTs. (You then spend the next hour with a postal employee who is working OT until you finally figure out the regular mailman left them in the wrong cluster of mailboxes.)
Orit liked this
By Sakaaaaa
Scenario 4: You don't have a mailbox (Me hehe) so directly after school you wait outside on the porch outside for the mail... but it turns out that it's actually coming tomorrow

Scenario 5: Your little brother has already taken the mail and has opened it so you can't do an unboxing.
By WaltPlantLife87
Sakaaaaa wrote:Scenario 4: You don't have a mailbox (Me hehe) so directly after school you wait outside on the porch outside for the mail... but it turns out that it's actually coming tomorrow

Scenario 5: Your little brother has already taken the mail and has opened it so you can't do an unboxing.
My son has opened my plant mail and couldn’t understand why I was so heartbroken that I wasn’t able to open it myself. His response - it’s just plants ma, it wasn’t anything important. :shock:
By Orit
WaltPlantLife87 wrote:
Sakaaaaa wrote:Scenario 4: You don't have a mailbox (Me hehe) so directly after school you wait outside on the porch outside for the mail... but it turns out that it's actually coming tomorrow

My son has opened my plant mail and couldn’t understand why I was so heartbroken that I wasn’t able to open it myself. His response - it’s just plants ma, it wasn’t anything important. :shock:
My husband was harassing me about getting more plants when I was unpacking my last order. I told him not to disturb me because it's the best part and I only get to do it a few times a year.
By Sakaaaaa
Smooter80 wrote:When this is an actual order you just placed. That's right, 1,200L.
Ho lee. How much does that cost? And what about shipping?
By Sakaaaaa
I just went "Utric Spotting" in front of my house. There's a small stream with lots of plants so I wanted to look for utrics and see if I can find some. I found none :( Luckilly, there's 5+ rice fields near my house :D

I might do an experiment... pot a ton of maybe-not-CP-safe sphag I got from an orchid store in my little fishpond and see if utrics pop up. Probably not. But what about putting it in the stream???

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!