FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By NummNummz
hey guys! thought I would update you all on how the plants are doing since my post last month on this site and some of the others I've grown in my window along with the VFT and Pitcher plant too.

so without further ado.
heres my VFT which has now its 3rd trap grown on it. the biggest one yet. and this one closes automatically when a bug crawls inside. lol In a pot with sup. moss bought a month ago, and rainwater collected from outside each week.

My pitcher plant has a huge leaf grown on it. and quite a strange shape but i like it. nevertheless.

they both have very strong roots.

the little guy in the glass bowl is literally a slice of celery from a stalk i cut up one night from dinner from the store and decided to grow in water. day by day. in my window. turning it into a tiny bonzai tree of sorts. which it sprayed with water everyday. cute lol

I aquired a succulent which is a hybrid of two species. the flowered one. and its gorgeous. and i barely have to do a thing. barely water it. its native to mexico. theres so many in the family tho its hard to tell exactly what it is. but it definetly draws the birds and insects to the feeder outside my window which pollinates the flowers by our door. so i love it.
all in all. I'm glad I took up this and never gave up on these guys. they are very strong little plants.
I've managed to grow them this long without any problems watsoever not any withering. or bugs. or any other problems. and all inside in my window. and without added lights. all in just moss and rainwater. so these guys are going strong. good luck with everyone else out there. i hope u guys find as much luck too
Attachments:
This is my hybrid succulent plant lol pretty
This is my hybrid succulent plant lol pretty
WIN_20170914_18_26_03_Pro.jpg (83.27 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
the celery i grew into a tree from a random chunk i randomly saved one night
the celery i grew into a tree from a random chunk i randomly saved one night
WIN_20170914_18_25_36_Pro.jpg (94.85 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
pitcher plant
pitcher plant
WIN_20170914_18_25_14_Pro.jpg (71.2 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
pitcher plant
pitcher plant
WIN_20170914_18_25_09_Pro.jpg (73.02 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
pitcher plant
pitcher plant
WIN_20170914_18_25_02_Pro.jpg (76.96 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
VFT
VFT
WIN_20170914_18_24_45_Pro.jpg (76.72 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
window view
window view
WIN_20170914_18_19_59_Pro.jpg (92.12 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
window view
window view
WIN_20170914_18_19_21_Pro.jpg (95.53 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
window view
window view
WIN_20170914_18_19_17_Pro.jpg (97.15 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
By Shadowtski
One suggestion for you.

The Venus FlyTrap and pitcher plant are sitting too low in their pots. The media in the pots should be up to the rim. This puts the plant into light much better.

Your plants are partially shaded by the wall of the pots. It may seem like a small thing but carnivorous plants need all the light you can give them. Every little bit counts.

That's my two cents worth.

Good growing,
Mike
Shadowtski, Shadowtski liked this
By NummNummz
"The media in the pots should be up to the rim. This puts the plant into light much better.

Your plants are partially shaded by the wall of the pots. It may seem like a small thing but carnivorous plants need all the light you can give them. Every little bit counts. "

thank you for the extra bit of advice there Mike ^^ I'll definitely add that one to my list of knowledge now haha XD every little bit helps!
Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!