FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Tasty Flavor
Hello everyone,

My name is Andrew, I am Navy veteran (submarines) turned college student. I am majoring in food science (hence the SN) with an emphasis in business and industry, and a minor in chemistry, from TWU. I have always loved carnivorous plants, and I have tried and failed to raise various species over a decade ago. Now, I am starting over with my flytrap trap and just looking for general advice.
By riveraXVX
welcome, if you look up top on the site there are some very thorough care guides divided up in different sections, they are very easy to grow plants, that happen to be very particular for a couple certain things, as long as those requirements are met they can thrive almost anywhere!

the care guides will give you the basics! then there are a lot of folks here who can help with specifics to! on my 5th month of growing them for the first time and thanks to the people here feel like I know what I'm doing almost even!
By Fly Trap Hunter
Tasty Flavor wrote:Hello everyone,

My name is Andrew, I am Navy veteran (submarines) turned college student. I am majoring in food science (hence the SN) with an emphasis in business and industry, and a minor in chemistry, from TWU. I have always loved carnivorous plants, and I have tried and failed to raise various species over a decade ago. Now, I am starting over with my flytrap trap and just looking for general advice.
I thought you wanted to know the tastiest flavor. :lol: I did have a forum name of comfort food one time. :lol: welcome

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!