FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By saltyop
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-Kronos-Venus ... 2496438406
man its already up to high 20 bids and there is a week left of it. is it just hype or is it something special? im not knocking it off, just curious.
also steve talked about how the long fibered sphagnum gave him alot of trouble, giving no added benefits and tearing up the roots. anyone else have troubles with that? that seems like a huge hassle, maybe dunking the flytrap in water would help loosen it up, any insight?
By Matt
saltyop wrote:is it just hype or is it something special?
It's a very nice plant. We also sell it at FlytrapStore.com:
SD Kronos Venus flytrap
saltyop wrote:also steve talked about how the long fibered sphagnum gave him alot of trouble, giving no added benefits and tearing up the roots. anyone else have troubles with that?
Long-fibered sphagnum does tend to adhere to the roots a bit. But if you're gentle and careful about uprooting the flytraps, the risk for damage is small. Also, adding a small amount of perlite to the moss helps break it up a bit.
saltyop wrote:maybe dunking the flytrap in water would help loosen it up, any insight?
Yes, that's the quickest, easiest and safest way to get flytraps out of sphagnum. Simply put the entire moss bundle in a bowl of water and swirl it around while unweaving the long fiber sphagnum strands.
Matt liked this

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!