FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By riveraXVX
yeah it is sitting very very shallow in that pot which will be partially blocking it from direct sunlight depending on the suns angle overhead, it looks to be buried to the proper depth planting wise but should generally be a lot higher up in that container (the roots like to grow long, straight down and are quite spindily)

the medium looks fairly dry there also it almost looks half dehydrated still (if something can look crispy/dry from a photo that is)
By Ratfus
Doing a complete replanting, a third time, might do more harm than good (ie changing the media again); the plant has already severely decreased the amount of new growth that it is putting out. After consistently having the traps die for over 2 months, the center of the plant has gotta be running out of energy and it shows in the amount of new growth. Also, I replanted this plant in mid June, over 1 month away. Not sure it normally takes this long for the stress to wear off?

Before the other day, the sphagnum moss was sitting about an .5-1 inch higher in the pot, but I removed some of it.

Should I just try to pull the plant up a bit while putting some sphagnum under it? Might cause the least amount of stress to an already heavily stressed plant. I'm surprised though. When I purchased the plant, it had less dirt under it, yet it appeared to be doing really well.

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!