FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By alanmota2004
Recently I won a giveaway with a bunch of drosera cuttings and would like to know how do I grow them? Can just put them in a pot and leave them outside? or keep the m inside with some led grow lights that I have? Please help.Also I will put the species names if that will help

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
By Bob Beer
Which Drosera? For
capensis you can either just float an entire leaf in water and wait for it to sprout small plants, or you can cut a leaf up into smallish pieces and place them, tentacles up, on the surface of a standard moist peat/perlite medium, cover with a bag, keep under lights or in bright filtered window light, and wait. It usually takes a couple weeks for plants to start growing. I do it that way. You can do that with binata / dichotoma, spathulata and many others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By alanmota2004
Bob Beer wrote:Which Drosera? For
capensis you can either just float an entire leaf in water and wait for it to sprout small plants, or you can cut a leaf up into smallish pieces and place them, tentacles up, on the surface of a standard moist peat/perlite medium, cover with a bag, keep under lights or in bright filtered window light, and wait. It usually takes a couple weeks for plants to start growing. I do it that way. You can do that with binata / dichotoma, spathulata and many others.

Here are the names Image

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
By mo_carnivore
Floating them in water in my opinion is a great way to go, better than in substrate. I just recently rooted drosera graomogolensis, latifolia, spatulata, and capensis in pure water and i bet the aliciae will root soon (crossing fingers).
By Bob Beer
I should try it. I've always had good luck with the substrate method but it would be good to compare!

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You might want to try searching for online plant s[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!