FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By MrSleeves
That's what I was thinking but wanted confirmation. How did the end up in my indoor plant? I never saw them until I added worm castings. How do I get ride of them?
By Orit
the really big ones can sting you, but those look tiny and harmless. i haaaaaate centipedes since I was nearly hit in the face with an insanely huge one that just fell out of the ceiling in a very shady hotel in Reading, PA. my friend heard me squeal/scream from the next room and naturally assumed a murder was happening outside. sorry, not sure from experience how to get rid of them. i slept with the blankets pulled over my head that night lol. my only suggestion would be the obvious, given the forum.
By Fishkeeper
Good news, those are not centipedes! They're millipedes. I recognize this species. Centipedes have longer legs, flatter bodies, and run really fast, these guys are slow and curl up instead of running. They eat things that are already dead, they don't bite.
They won't hurt you, and they shouldn't hurt your plant. They'll dry up and die if they get into the rest of the house, so they aren't a species that can infest anything. Just leave them alone, it's fine.

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!