FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Bob Beer
nimbulan wrote:...I'm dreading the heat wave that's building right now...70+F lows with it.
Spoken like a true Pacific Northwesterner! :-) When I first moved to Seattle in 1987, I'd been in Nebraska. We had 10 days of 105 degree humid days, thunderstorm every night, then back up to 105 the next day. I got to Seattle; the newspaper headline was, "Heatwave Continues: No End in Sight --Scorching 80-degree temperatures continue to blaze today over much of the Northwest...".

What's also really unusual right now is that we're going on 40 days with no rain...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Bob Beer
nimbulan wrote:The 40 days with no rain isn't so unusual. We haven't even reached the top 10 longest dry streaks yet. The record here in the Portland area is something like 72 days.
Yeah you're a bit more inland. We're close to breaking our record here. There were even fires on the Olympic Peninsula last year, on the "rainy" side. Seattle was full of smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Fly Trap Hunter
ok I am officially jealous. I love it out there. I have had a lot of fun playing with the locals out there. Skinny dipping in Lake Washington((?) in Seattle. man that was some freezing water. Mt St Helen, coolest place in the world. Columbia river omg. I love it out there but I have to have the sunshine. I get depressed out there. It sucks. I tried living in Seattle and Astoria and I get depressed because not enough sunshine. Its beautiful though. still yall don't have to deal with the humidity.

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!