FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By phil1984
Hi, I was thinking of putting my plants outside to get some extra sun, but it's really windy and I don't know if they like high winds?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
By thatonechick371
They are pretty hardy. I don't think the wind will bother them. They will definitely be happier with full outdoor sun, though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
By phil1984
Hi thanks I'll put them out. And then would you bring them in on a night? It gets abit cold sometimes.

By cjpflaumer
Definitely don't bring them in and out. If they are outside leave them there unless it's going to be below freezing. Just remember to acclimate your plant if it's never been outdoors.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
cjpflaumer liked this
By phil1984
They might of been grown outdoors where I got them. But now I have them on windowsill

By riveraXVX
we had a period here in NC for a few weeks where we had torrential downpours almost every day, dark and dreary out and then another couple weeks of hot as can be, no rain at all, just hot 24/7

make sure to adjust watering tray as needed to compensate (or dump) water if needed but ours are no worse for the wear if anything the heavy rains and wind helps clean out the bug guts for me.

I do move ours up onto our covered (but open) porch at night but that is more "we have a lot of critters running around our place" being out of the city than anything else, of course the last time we had a craaaaaaaazy thunderstorm rolling through I moved them onto the porch and they ended up getting blown ...off the porch that was a disappointing moment in my life but luckily most of the roots/media were all fully clumped and other than needing a bit of new medium to refill their cups they were fine!
Perlite from Ebay

do you guys have a recommended brand thats availab[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!