FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Bob Beer
But in June we were still having some days with highs in the low 60s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Bob Beer
But the coming period looks promising for good plant growth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By twitterglitter
That's still fast for cp's from what i have learned so far. This is good having people from different climates growing these. I can't find much information on the D. indica complex at all, maybe our experience in trying this will help add to what little information there is.

I hope you will keep me up on how they do for you. I have read that once they get a little bigger they don't like as much water and they need to feed a lot to grow to maturity. I guess we will find out.

I love your posts about your pings, by the way. All I manage to do is kill them.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
By twitterglitter
I think it's time for a little update on the progress of D. aliciae. It's been over two months since my last post and these little guys have come a long way. Most are the same size as a pencil eraser, but one has really taken off.

They aren't as red as they used to be because I have them on my porch, but once i bring them in for the winter they should go back to red under the lights.Image

twitterglitter liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
twitterglitter wrote:I think it's time for a little update on the progress of D. aliciae. It's been over two months since my last post and these little guys have come a long way. Most are the same size as a pencil eraser, but one has really taken off.

They aren't as red as they used to be because I have them on my porch, but once i bring them in for the winter they should go back to red under the lights.Image

Thanks for the post. They are cute. I'm starting over with seeds. Mine from the fts havnt germinated but this post gives me hope to start over.
By twitterglitter
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:
twitterglitter wrote:I think it's time for a little update on the progress of D. aliciae. It's been over two months since my last post and these little guys have come a long way. Most are the same size as a pencil eraser, but one has really taken off.

Thanks for the post. They are cute. I'm starting over with seeds. Mine from the fts havnt germinated but this post gives me hope to start over.
How long have you had your seed on the media? Fly trap seed can take up to 3 months to germinate. My first attempt with them I waited 5 months before I gave up.

I'm on my second attempt with fly traps. They have been on the media for barely a month and one seed out of 20 germinated last week. I am hopeful more will germinate soon.

By Fly Trap Hunter
Hi Twitterglitter, I'm not ignoring you... I'm just slow to post because I'm used to communicating with my camera and its broken. I have fly trap seedlings growing now. mine are in starter trays in lfsm, with peat perlite and sand underneath. basically there is a half inch of moss the fly traps are growing in. I cant guess this minute how old they are(3-4months). They sprouted at different times. Some are still sprouting. Several died recently so I flushed the media. they seem to be happy now, but I will flush it some more. I have lost several earlier. some seemed destined to not survive. some were :oops: grass :lol: actually, I mistook a bit for grass. :lol:

I believe I lost some seeds because I didn't rinse the peat moss? and maybe some were too hot? But for now, I'm happy with the vfts and their growth.

with starting over, I was talking about starting sundew seeds. I started some natelinsis along time ago and nothing. I'm not going to try the trays. I'm going to do like Mike says and put the seeds in a pot and cover it with clear plastic. keep them 75f to 80f. make sure my soil is rinsed properly.

Thanks for asking. :D
Basal shoots cutting questions

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to mon[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!