FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Mawy_Plants
My collection so far!
Attachments:
Second plant separated into 5 cups!
Second plant separated into 5 cups!
IMG_4266.JPG (1.19 MiB) Viewed 4101 times
Two limp leaves after cutting stalk :(
Two limp leaves after cutting stalk :(
IMG_4271.JPG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 4101 times
Close up of stalk
Close up of stalk
IMG_4262.JPG (657.64 KiB) Viewed 4101 times
Flower stalk and mother
Flower stalk and mother
IMG_4261.JPG (1.33 MiB) Viewed 4101 times
By Mawy_Plants
riveraXVX wrote:nice looking plant!

*cracks neck back into place*

:lol:

Whoa, whoa. Throwing shots over here? :(
By Mawy_Plants
Just wanted to share how Sunny and Mars are doing. They both have had lots of new growth in the past 6 weeks. Sunny's flower stalk is still half green so hoping there's something waiting to emerge in the next month or so.
Attachments:
Sunny as of 09/05
Sunny as of 09/05
IMG_4652.JPG (1.14 MiB) Viewed 3861 times
Close up of Sunny's little sprouts 09/05
Close up of Sunny's little sprouts 09/05
IMG_4651.JPG (971.04 KiB) Viewed 3861 times
Mars as of 09/05
Mars as of 09/05
IMG_4647.JPG (1.12 MiB) Viewed 3861 times
Bird's eye of Mars 09/05
Bird's eye of Mars 09/05
IMG_4648.JPG (1.69 MiB) Viewed 3861 times
Last edited by Mawy_Plants on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By riveraXVX
looks like they are all doing spectacular!! I didn't even have to twist my head upside down to look at the photos this time haha :)
By Mawy_Plants
Awe, thanks riveraXVX! I don't blame you for having done that now that I see what they are "supposed" to look like.

The first pictures were initial growth after losing most of the neglected store growth when I first saved these guys! Now that they've acclimated to full sun for most of the day, eaten many insects, and get properly watered, they look much more like they should. I'm excited to see how they mature as time passes. :D
By riveraXVX
I didn't notice you had responded back until I did this time, my comment wasn't to take shots either I was just commenting on the pictures being sideways or upside down the first time!

love seeing how well a lot of these plants can bounce back, we keep taking in strays!
By Mawy_Plants
No worries! When I see them, picture ortientation is correct so that's why I was so confused! I took it with a grain of salt tho, figured it was easier to see the growth looking at it sideways. :lol:

What plants have you grown that you thought were goners and ended up surprising you? These are my only mature CPs and I sowed some D. capensis seeds courtesy of the seed bank just two days ago.
By riveraXVX
awesome we are actually sewing our d capensis seeds from the seed bank today!! the worst 3 I've had are the lowes typicals we rescued for $3 each I dont have photos handy but if you look at posts i've started i have a thread on the VFT photo page they should be there!
By Mawy_Plants
Sweet! Maybe we can compare how quickly our seeds germinate, that would be pretty neat. Did you get a specific variety? I ended up requesting the various mix!

I'll check it out! I've been wanting to get a cultivar... I guess I've been waiting so I have a better handle on proper care. Based on my typicals, seems like they're happy with what I've done so far. Ha!
By riveraXVX
I actually ended up slacking today rainy rainy rainy rainy day - ended up repotting the new S. Purpurea impulsively bought at lowes the day before!

I like what you did with the apple container, I've been eyeing up and down every single thing I can find around the house and while thrifting trying to come up with a good item to reuse for something similar, love what you did!

we ended up getting a pack of the "wide leaf" D. Capensis

also will be sowing seeds from a contest here for D. sessilifolia at the same time
By Mawy_Plants
Hope you collected some rain! I'm anticipating when it does here so I can. Perhaps this coming week we'll have a good pour.

You make me want to go scavenging at Lowe's. I keep seeing that store pop-up in the forums, hoping the one near me has something worth buying! I currently do not have any Sarracenia, maybe I'll have a go at those CPs next.

Thanks! Seems to be working as planned. It doesn't have a full seal tho, nothing Saran Wrap couldn't fix. It actually makes it easier once I start to acclimate them, just tear off some wrap gradually. Another potential propagator idea would be one of those plastic egg containers. We just finished using the eggs and I thought it might be useful to save, there are 24 little wells! Maybe with larger seeds I'll use that to separate them individually.

I have no idea what exact varieties are in my mix. I'm just excited to see what the next few months bring! Good luck with all your seeds! Hope you keep us in the loop. :D
Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!