FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Fishkeeper
I'm trying to grow a P. emarginata on a Hygrolon living wall, and so far it seems to be doing well. However, I mist the wall every day to help raise humidity for everything, and the ping ends up covered with tiny droplets of distilled water. The water evaporates within a short time, and it's not very much, but I want to be sure it won't be a problem.
By Bob Beer
Probably won't hurt it. Emarginata is from a wetter part of the country anyway; it gets fairly regular water through the year. What is your normal humidity without the mister?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Fishkeeper
I don't know what the humidity is, my hygrometer hasn't come in yet, but it's probably pretty low.

Part of the reason why I'm misting the wall is I have some oak leaf ficus on it, which is a high-humidity plant, and most of it has died off. I'm trying to help the few remaining pieces adapt and spread, it's a very nice plant. I also have a marcgravia cutting I'm trying to establish.

The P. emarginata doesn't seem to mind the spraying so far. It's grown a bit since I put it on the wall, and none of the old leaves look to be dying off.
The P. primuliflora I also have isn't doing so well, but I think it wasn't wet enough, so I moved it down lower on the wall. If it doesn't seem to be recovering after another week or so, I'll take it off and put it in a proper pot.
By Fishkeeper
Yep, that's why I moved it lower. I'm taking it off, though, the wall just plain isn't wet enough anywhere.
By Fishkeeper
Update: the plant is doing well and doesn't show any signs of upset, so I'm assuming it doesn't mind.

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

^^^^ N. boschiana "BE 3643" x sanguinea […]

please and thank you :D Sent from my SM-S918U usi[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!