FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By sealover1
Hey there guys,
love the forum, I have had a few VFT in the past but they always seemed to die on me but having read up a bit on them I come across your forums :)
being in the UK we don't really get enough light imo to keep them looking good so I thought I would try and grow one under a grow light.
any advice on how many hours of light to put the timer on would be good and do you think it needs repotting yet?

OxyLED E27 LED Grow Light, 12W 12 LEDs Plant Grow Lights Bulb for Hydroponic Garden Greenhouses, Perfect Grow Lights for Indoor Plants (3 Blue & 9 Red)

Efficitent Wavelength: With 12 LEDs (9pcs red 620-630nm, 3pcs blue 460nm), this LED grow light emits the most efficient light wavelength to produce peak photosynthesis performance and cultivate plants for all stages of plant growth
• Promote Growth: Blue lights help plants grow, and red lights help budding, flowering and fruiting
• Great Heat Dissipation: Lamp body is constructed with metal aluminum to maximum heat dissipation. It does not produce heat even 24 hours and provides ideal temperature for plant growth
• Easy To Use: Well constructed and suited for a standard E27 socket in indoor and outdoor settings
Attachments:
VFT light.jpg
VFT light.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 2091 times
By Rachel8T4
Welcome to the forum! Sorry I know nothing about grow lights lol seem to get enough sun here in Australia so haven't had to take that route, but I'm sure there is plenty of helpful info on here :)
By Shadowtski
I move my Flytraps outside for Spring through Fall , but I do have some stuff I grow inside year-round.

I run my artificial lights with an astronomical timer.
It turns on at Sunrise, off at Sunset.
I have it set to my local latitude for Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 43(ish) degrees North.
I'd like to set it for Civil Twilight and Civil Dusk, which is about 30 minutes before Sunrise and 30 minutes after Sunset.
But my current timer doesn't allow a double offset.

Most of my stuff is under MarsHydro 300s but I have a few LEDs like the one you use.
It works OK for me.
For one plant, I'd keep it at about 6 inches from the plant.
This should give you some good color.

Anyways, welcome to the forum.

Good growing,
Mike
By sealover1
astronomical timer I never thought of that, I don't think we get enough sun light over here in the UK to grow them outside but on a sunny day I might put it in the sun though not sure moving it about into different lights will do it any good?
I would of liked a bigger VFT but not sure of the names of the big ones

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!