FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By ArowanaLover1902
Because of its design, I can't access the ID. It is sandwiched between two heatsinks. The place I bought it from gives this ID, but there is a possibility of it's inaccuracy: TEC1-12706. Here is a bit more important info:
Specifications:
Product Name: Thermoelectric Peltier Refrigeration Cooling System Kit Cooler
Power: 12VDC 6A (not include in this Kit)
Coolers Model: TEC1-12706 (with the word side is cooling surface; no word side is radiating surface)
Coolers external dimensions: 40 * 40 * 3.75mm
Internal resistance: 2.1 ~ 2.4Ω (ambient temperature of 23 ± 1 ℃, 1kHZ Ac test)
Maximum temperature: △ Tmax (Qc = 0) above 67 ℃.
Operating current: Imax = 4-4.6A (rated at 12V)
Cooling power: Qcmax 70W
Working environment: temperature range -55 ℃ ~ 83 ℃ (high ambient temperatures drop directly affect the cooling efficiency)
Main color: silver
Net weight: 350g

And here is the link for anyone wishing to purchase one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J1 ... UTF8&psc=1
By davvekavve
Wow sound awesome! How about the tillansias, do they enjoy the humidity? I had one in my terrarium but it rotted..

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
By Rammplins
This is what i have so far, but getting an answer from my pal is like pulling teeth. So it has not been verified safe yet, but according to what i can find it is good so far. Only things i can say so far is make sure the dimmer you get can handle 6amps. Also im not sure if the system is safe for the fan in there or if it will get overloaded.Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
By ArowanaLover1902
Thanks, thats a huge help. I've found a thermostat control unit (super cheap too, only $7 and highly recommended) that will allow me to bypass the dimmer. I've got to order it soon, but I've been spending a lot on the chameleon free range (which is coming along great, I've got all the PVC picked out, I only need a tiny bit more, plus a few more vines, and then I'm good to go)
By Rammplins
Thermostat. Great idea, I guess when trying to control the temp that's probably the way to go. lol. Also I know how you feel, my tank is almost ready to put together. I'm just missing a couple pieces, but groceries are kind of important.
By ArowanaLover1902
Ok here's my latest project, feeding a free range chameleon. The setup is almost done, the only steps left are adding a grate (as a table for the plants), a humidifer (I'll just use another zoomed one, or use my existing one for that purpose), and food resources (ex: habitat to breed feeder insects, and most importantly, a way to give him that food [something that lets him get the moving crickets, but they can't get out to run around my room]). So far my best idea is running a vine over a bin of live crickets, but I'm not sure that'll work well
By ArowanaLover1902
Apparently that will work, you just use a bin that has good contrast to the crickets, that's a lot easier than I thought it would be ha ha ha. I lost a ventricosa, its been shriveling for a while but then when into full rot, I even lost its saplings at its base.
By ArowanaLover1902
Ok, here's the chameleon free range, what do you guys think? I'm still planning a N. Ventricosa location, maybe a few others if I can gain enough control over humidity.
Attachments:
image3 (1).JPG
image3 (1).JPG (12.77 KiB) Viewed 5449 times
image2 (1).JPG
image2 (1).JPG (14.83 KiB) Viewed 5449 times
image1 (1).JPG
image1 (1).JPG (16.21 KiB) Viewed 5449 times
By Rammplins
yay! what kind did you end up getting? and is there a way for him to get back up should he find his way to the floor? also how are you gonna leave the top to the cricket bin open without crickets getting out?
By ArowanaLover1902
Well I have a healthy (small) male jackson's chameleon. I actually have the crickets in surprisingly shallow bowls (2 inch PVC caps as well as 1 4 inch cap) they don't jump out. He can't get to the floor in any way. His eating habits are super cool, he once hung upside down by his tail and whipped his tongue to catch a cricket. He has also eaten from my hand.

I've just added a butterwort to the soil of my juvenile umbrella tree. I've purchased a 4 inch PVC cap for a nepenthes pot and am deciding where to put it and what to put (I may do two in one pot). I'm thinking a Ventricosa for sure and maybe an Alata? Any other suggestions?
By Rammplins
Thats awesome! I love watching chameleons eat. As for the neps all i know is that ventricosa is fairly sturdy, he can survive almost anywhere you put him. And speaking of neps, did you set up the peltier cooler yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!