FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By paulsflytrap
hello again,
new pics of my flytrap fused tooth,
she's finally getting that nice " enclosed" look to her traps,
hoping for a little more color in the next month or so.
Attachments:
SAM_0801.JPG
SAM_0801.JPG (200.61 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
SAM_0804.JPG
SAM_0804.JPG (115.39 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
SAM_0802.JPG
SAM_0802.JPG (117.29 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
By Rachel8T4
Nice! I'd LOVE to get a fused tooth or a fuzzy tooth one day - they look very cool. Are any of the traps able to catch prey? Or are they non-functional due to the fusing?
By Smooter80
Rachel8T4 wrote:Nice! I'd LOVE to get a fused tooth or a fuzzy tooth one day - they look very cool. Are any of the traps able to catch prey? Or are they non-functional due to the fusing?
Part on the year, yes but when they get this fused, they are unable to close.
Smooter80 liked this
By bluestatic
Mine close and catch things fairly well. I'll have to get better pictures tomorrow. I just went outside (it is dark obviously) and took some quick cellphone pics.
something is in the trap
something is in the trap
FT3.jpg (39.38 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
closed trap
closed trap
FT2.jpg (76.45 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
closed trap
closed trap
FT1.jpg (78.49 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
Last edited by bluestatic on Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluestatic liked this
By Rachel8T4
bluestatic wrote:They are actually very functional! One of the better working "bizarre" VFT cultivars in my opinion.
Awesome! I love the unusual looking flytraps, but definitely prefer if they are still able to catch their own dinner :D
By Rachel8T4
Smooter80 wrote:
Rachel8T4 wrote:Nice! I'd LOVE to get a fused tooth or a fuzzy tooth one day - they look very cool. Are any of the traps able to catch prey? Or are they non-functional due to the fusing?
Part on the year, yes but when they get this fused, they are unable to close.
I thought it might get a bit tricky with that much fusing - good to know thanks! :D
By bluestatic
I also want a fuzzy tooth. I understand they are very similar but I like collecting bizarre ones! Leah told me they don't have any available right now to buy. Maybe a forum member could hook me up -haha!
By Rachel8T4
bluestatic wrote:Mine close and catch things fairly well. I'll have to get better pictures tomorrow. I just went outside (it is dark obviously) and took some quick cellphone pics.
FT3.jpg
FT2.jpg
FT1.jpg
That's awesome! It's great it can still hunt quite effectively - got some lovely colouring happening too :D
If I see one in Australia I'll be grabbing it for sure!
By Rachel8T4
bluestatic wrote:
I also want a fuzzy tooth. I understand they are very similar but I like collecting bizarre ones! Leah told me they don't have any available right now to buy. Maybe a forum member could hook me up -haha!
Haha I'd love both too! I've got some new flytraps coming any day now from Triffid Park, but they don't sell fused or fuzzy. I am getting a cross tooth and a bristle tooth though! Very excited :D I have found a grower in Perth that has some plants similar to a fuzzy, so hoping to get one of those if I'm in the area when they become available.
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!