FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nandi
Hi.
I think my pings leaves dying too fast. Te older leaves are turning brown and slowly parch. I saw pings in a local shop with much bigger and more leaves than mine. They were the same pings as mine, tina. What's the problem?
Attachments:
IMG_20170708_162834.jpg
IMG_20170708_162834.jpg (304.04 KiB) Viewed 2517 times
By Nandi
About 2 hours of direct sunlight in the morning and filtered light in the rest of the day. When the top of the soil starts to dry out, I put about 1cm water to the bottom.
By Bob Beer
Your watering sounds right. It could be simply the adjustment from greenhouse to house conditions. I've noticed that an environmental change can sometimes trigger a switch into winter mode, as odd as that would be this time if year. It could almost certainly take some more light, and the change in light regime could be affecting it. By "filtered light," what do you mean exactly? It looks like the plant is sending out healthy new leaves so unless that changes, I wouldn't worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Nandi
I took it outside onto my terrase, filtered light as you can see in the picture. I bought it in this year, it was in winter mode and switched to summer leaves while it was inside in a florarium. I took it outside as I said and it started doing this with it's leaves.
By Bob Beer
What are the conditions in this "florarium?" It may just be that the plant was growing "soft" and those leaves didn't take well to the harsher outside conditions; drier air, hotter sun. The new leaves look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!