FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By howlin
i just bought two more traps after the last ones died on me and im wondering if you add any fertilizer to the water mix.if so ,whats a good type?
By erikHIplants
No fertilizer required as they are bog plants, they get all their nitrogen content from insects. What kind of soil and water do you use?
By riveraXVX
no and no, they also will need either distilled water, rain water, or reverse osmosis water any water will technically do so long as it has under 50 TDS (which you can check with a cheap TDS meter from somewhere like amazon if you are unsure) no tap water, no filtered water, no random bottled water

the care guides on this forum are impeccable and are worth a read for you from the sounds of it - a lot of questions you may have our explained out and will help get you going into growing VFT successfully!

the main key things:
1) sunlight, sunglight, sunlight! outdoors, full sun, soak it up!
2) potting medium - a lot of growers here will use peat moss/perlite mixed, peat moss, perlite, silica sand mixed, long fiber sphagnum moss, or some combination of all of the above - the important thing with any combination of the above is that there are no additives and no fertilizers in any of the items in the mix you use.
3) proper watering along with the right water that is safe for the plants.
Basal shoots cutting questions

Awesome thank you so much

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!