FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Lee KZN
Hi all.

Have a highland variety king sundew. I keep them outside during the day so they get 6 plus hours of direct sun. (From about 10am to 5pm)

I have it resting in a small tray of water which I let dry out during the day so the soil stays wet but but not saturated.

I bring them in during the evening as it's winter here and temps dropping to about 5 degrees Celsius and don't want too expose them frost.

Some days when it's excessively windy I keep them inside against a window where it's getting the same amount of sun... But obviously not much air flow...

There is healthy growth and it's feeding well.

However I'm noticing a fungus type growth on some of the leaves... Any idea as to what this is and what's causing it?

Any suggestions on what to do to fix this?

Thanks guys. Will appreciate any advice.

LeeImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
By David F
In my experience these types of fungal growth on Drosera leaves are nominal, the fungus thrives in the micro-environment of the leaf. They often start growing because of the uneaten nutrient of leftover prey on the leaf. This will cause no harm to the sundew, but the fungal ridden leaves will not be able to digest meals.

Your plant is stable, and I don't think air movement is an issue as it's growing in open air. It looks healthy and actively growing, not much to worry about here.
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!