FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Greenthumbs Garden
We've been plauged with drone flys in our new place, due to a bad drainge system that needs repair... the joys of contry life! anyways, i thought i would try and feed some to my plants. They seem a little slow these days, i think its due to the flower stalkes sapping strengh, dont realy know. apart from that they are doing great, and catching alot of flys without me feeding them.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s91RhcnpnA8[/youtube]
By Sakaaaaa
At first I thought you meant drain flies, but after seing the video thumbnail I remembered that it's another name for hover flies.

I'm planning to do a combo haul after the holidays, a bulbophyllum (fly attractor) and a vft/ping (fly killer) :D
By Greenthumbs Garden
Sakaaaaa wrote: I'm planning to do a combo haul after the holidays, a bulbophyllum (fly attractor) and a vft/ping (fly killer) :D
What do you mean?

Yeah we have so many coing out of the drains... man its unbeliveable. I wish i had more VFTS with traps open and ready, lol
By Sakaaaaa
Bulbophyllum is a genus of orchids which are normally pollinated by flies. They lure flies using fruity to foul smelling odors. Once the bulbophyllums get the flies coming, the vft/pinguicula will eat them, or at least some of them.
Sakaaaaa liked this
By Greenthumbs Garden
Sakaaaaa wrote:Bulbophyllum is a genus of orchids which are normally pollinated by flies. They lure flies using fruity to foul smelling odors. Once the bulbophyllums get the flies coming, the vft/pinguicula will eat them, or at least some of them.
:lol: sounds like a fun plan!!
Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!