FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By pawsterpaw
Hello, I am Yuliana. Currently live in Bandung, Indonesia. (Anyone else here from Indonesia).

I got my first flytraps (tagged as B52) last October (about 1cm in diameter), they are about 3cm now.
My B 52
My B 52
IMG_20170422_211928_721.jpg (182.88 KiB) Viewed 902 times
Recently I added a drosera (which is having a flower stalk right now). And bought a baby DC XL (2cm in diameter now) from a CP seller in other province.
What I don't know yet is if this buddy gonna be real DC XL. It might not be the plant that I ordered from picture... But to think again... DC XL is pretty rare. Has it arrived in Indonesia?

Here's my last addition. The DC XL. What do you experts think?
"DC XL"
"DC XL"
IMG_20170603_103801.jpg (100.12 KiB) Viewed 907 times
Thank you and regards
By Rammplins
Im no expert, but its almost impossible to guess a cultivar by looking at it, especially while they are young. Plants grow different and get different hues/coloring depending on where and how they are grown. It is totally possible for DCXL to be there, they have been around for a couple years now. If in 2 years the DCXL is the biggest thing you have ever seen with some massive traps, than the chances are good. However if it is smaller than your others, that doesn't mean its not a DCXL. You can also try to contact the seller and ask how he knows its a DCXL, or where he got it from and ask them.

Good luck!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Bag them for a month, opening the bag every day or[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!