FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Nemeros
Hi there!

My name's Manuel or in the case of this forum, Nemeros. I'm 20 years old and I'm from Germany, as the title already suggests.

The passion for carnivorous plants began when I was still a child with 8 or 9 years. I've got to know a friend who was really into them and we were often talking about the topic. One day he decided to give me a book from Jean-Jacques Labat, in which all kinds of information about the plants could be found. Me having no experience or knowledge in the field, didn't know that there were so many kinds of them. The strange appearance is what really intrigued me in the end and, well, what initially was a hobby became more of an obsession the more I've read the book and observed the growth of the Sarracenia that I asked my mother to buy.

Over the years I bought more plants but always did something wrong and they died in the end. Then I couldn't take care of the ones that were still alive for 4 years, and I abandoned the hobby after the last plant died, out of frustration. For 5 years my love for them was completely forgotten. I was preoccupied with other things and my interest in PCs was at its peak during that time. Now after these 5 years, I rediscovered my passion not only for CPs, but plants in general. The once empty windowsill is now teeming with all kinds of plants, including the first CP after all these years. It's a Sarracenia. They are by far my favorite plants. It's just the weird, oddly beautiful look that makes me return to them all the time. My favorite kinds so far are Leucophylla, Minor and Flava.

Now that I'm at it again, I thought why not join a forum with likeminded people?
This is what the little fella that I got recently looked like a few days ago:
Not very impressive, I know, but when I got it there were plenty of dead leaves which were also smaller than pretty much all of those in the picture.

Alright I think that's it from my side. If you have any questions let me know and I'll answer them.
By xr280xr
Hi Nemeros! Your plant is looking good! Welcome back to the hobby!
xr280xr liked this
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!