FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Frothy_Milk
Would an indoor terrarium for highland Nepenthes be easier than an indoor greenhouse in the context of cost, and space? I am leaning more towards a terrarium because it is smaller, and terrariums can be found for a low price. But a pro of a greenhouse is that it can hold larger plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Raistlarn
What I've learned in having an indoor greenhouse is that the more corners you cut the more it will cost in the long run. This applies to everything. So while it may be cheaper to buy and run a terrarium now, you will most likely end up buying an indoor greenhouse or another terrarium, because you ran out of space. Just remember that each one of them will have its own set of challenges, for example my indoor greenhouse is having difficulty keeping humidity up, while the cooling is running.
By tannerm
For what it's worth, I'm switching to a full outdoor greenhouse when the time is right!

By Salute flytraps234
Me too, you could get a couple hundred dollar green, I bet that would be okay because that is the price for one rare nepenthe.

By Frothy_Milk
Salute flytraps234 wrote:Me too, you could get a couple hundred dollar green, I bet that would be okay because that is the price for one rare nepenthe.

What would be a good light to grow highland Nepenthes in a greenhouse? I am planning to buy the 4 tier mini greenhouse because it can hold more plants then a terrarium.

By Salute flytraps234
I'm actually going to buy one, I know I can fit it in my set so hang it above.

By tannerm
Salute flytraps234 wrote:I'm actually going to buy one, I know I can fit it in my set so hang it above.

yep, mine hangs above too.

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!