FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Bob Beer
Bhart90 wrote:Yea mine is temperamental for sure.

It was going carnivorous until I moved it a bit now it's escentially frozen in its current state
Maybe it was just time. Mine are growing great but firmly in winter mode. Then again, it is February. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By tannerm
Bhart90 wrote:Everyone can be happy but ME hahaha, Tan this is fun. I'm practically praying to mine hahaha!
Hang in there! I'm sure it'll pop out of dormancy soon! I can't believe mine is showing color this fast.

By tannerm
Bob Beer wrote:These look like
Fairly new plants from pullings?

Not sure on the specifics. They already had little root systems, they look like they could be from pullings. Either way, I'm excited to get another shot... starting to earn a reputation for ping killer Image

By tannerm
Bob Beer wrote:Don't feel bad, today at work I talked with woman who had killed her Sansivieria.

Haha. Yikes, thank you! I think I figured it out when I was able to clone 4/4 esseriana pullings, which are now coming along nicely, with minimal water and lower humidity (it was way too wet and humid for it before)... I only really have highland experience.

By Bob Beer
Yes, the first couple of times I tried pullings I covered the flats to keep the humidity high. It did stay high--and every last one of them rotted within 2-3 days. :-) now I keep them open, or just barely covered. Air circulation is important.

By tannerm
Bob Beer wrote:Yes, the first couple of times I tried pullings I covered the flats to keep the humidity high. It did stay high--and every last one of them rotted within 2-3 days. :-) now I keep them open, or just barely covered. Air circulation is important.

Yeah even with good air circulation (I have three small fans in my highland chamber, two of which run 24/7), the humidity just destroyed my first two cyclos

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
By tannerm
UPDATE on the 3rd set... (see third update in original post):

ImageImageImage
Nice color and getting bigger/filling out.

By tannerm
SFLguy wrote:Looking good!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Thanks! They’ve grown quite a bit and have good dew production too :)

By Bob Beer
tannerm wrote:
Bob Beer wrote:Yes, the first couple of times I tried pullings I covered the flats to keep the humidity high. It did stay high--and every last one of them rotted within 2-3 days. :-) now I keep them open, or just barely covered. Air circulation is important.

Yeah even with good air circulation (I have three small fans in my highland chamber, two of which run 24/7), the humidity just destroyed my first two cyclos

You're growing your cyclosectas in a chamber? Why? What's the humidity outside it?

By tannerm
Bob Beer wrote:
tannerm wrote:

You're growing your cyclosectas in a chamber? Why? What's the humidity outside it?

not anymore. That was my 1st and 2nd try.... now it’s just room humidity, which is probably 40-50%

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!