FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Anthony
anyone else have this Nep? It is by far my slowest grower... even slower than N. chaniana. I got this plant from CZ plants in May of 2015. It was a teeny plant but it really has not grown much for having it 2 yrs now. Is this normal, for any flava growers?
IMG_5039.JPG
IMG_5039.JPG (973.87 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
my conditions: my plants are grown outside year round in beautiful San Francisco. They get about 5- 6 hrs of direct sun. temps this week are:
IMG_5041.PNG
IMG_5041.PNG (1.08 MiB) Viewed 1200 times
day temps will warm up as summer approches to average low to mid 70's. night temps will stay around what it is now. Daytime humidity is around 60-70 nights are in the 90's

BTW, I have several of its close relatives Jaqcs, Jamban, Inermis, Talangensis and they all do great. [/color]
By hongranp
I bought my flava from CC in December last year and it has grown 4 leaves since then, doubling it's size. It grows just as fast as my jaqcs and probably faster than jamban. My humidity is near 100% all the time with good air circulation. It grows near a east facing window with supplemental T5 lights in the afternoon. It also doesn't sit in a tray so water drains freely. Let me know if u have questions and good luck :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Fishing

I'll list them then and let you all see what you m[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!