FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By tross
So I have a few sprouted seeds right now. They are still working their way out of the seed coat itself. However on nice days (70 F or warmer) I keep them outside as to take advantage of as much natural light/sun they can get.

However, we had a bit of a downpour and I saw a few of my seeds were washed around the container they are sprouting in. I realizes they have "rooted" onto a fragment of moss but they cant withstand an onslaught of a storm.

Question is, should I worry? I mean these plants have been in nature for who knows how many thousands of years and I'm sure this is something they contend with at this point in their lifecycle. Or does such a heavy downpour something that I should shield they little ones from?
By Fishkeeper
Definitely shield them. Seedlings usually have leaf litter or other, larger plants to give them shelter from the rain. They'll get moved around and turned upside down a lot if they aren't protected.
By uusa2000
I can bet in their natural habitat, there's collateral damage if the rain disturbed enough seedlings to the point the roots are exposed. You should shield them from heavy rain

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
Perlite from Ebay

do you guys have a recommended brand thats availab[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!