FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Chingz
Hi. This is my little capensis.
I got Sarra, adelae, and this little fella from bartering my 7 little clumps of intermedia. It arrived on Wednesday.
Looks not good, right?
When it arrived, it had a flower stalk with 2 flower already flowered.
I watered it (a lot), sat it on a tray, and put it in a dome (30% opening). But I removed it this afternoon 4pm because one of the 2 growth points looked a little bit blackened.
Please tell me what else to do.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
20170408_161327.jpg
20170408_161327.jpg (740.39 KiB) Viewed 3252 times
By deleted user
Looks like it's not getting enough sunlight, don't put it in a dome unless the Humidity where you're keeping it is really low.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
By Chingz
rulen24 wrote:Looks like it's not getting enough sunlight, don't put it in a dome unless the Humidity where you're keeping it is really low.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Just acclitimizing it after arriving.
And already open the dome. Because even tho I'm in tropical area, these few days was quite windy. So I'm afraid it will be too drying for the leaves.
But thankyou for the suggestion and info..
Will move it to more sunnier area tmrw morn.
By Chingz
tannerm wrote:Looks way too wet as well
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will decrease the water level tmrw morn. Thanks for the info and insight...
:)
By Chingz
Chingz wrote:Hi. This is my little capensis.
I got Sarra, adelae, and this little fella from bartering my 7 little clumps of intermedia. It arrived on Wednesday. Looks not good, right?
When it arrived, it had a flower stalk with 2 flower already flowered.
I watered it (a lot), sat it on a tray, and put it in a dome (30% opening). But I removed it this afternoon 4pm because one of the 2 growth points looked a little bit blackened.
Please tell me what else to do.
Thanks in advance.
By SundewWolf
It has received a lot of stress. You need to take it out of that water and let the soil dry a little bit. The roots will start rotting when there is a lot of water and almost no leaves to use it. Don't worry about a bag. All my sundews (except for the petiolaris ones) survive at 40% humidity in the winter.

Let the soil drain and dry slightly between watering, give it sun, and wait.
SundewWolf liked this
By Chingz
Benurmanii wrote:For me, there are two reasons D. capensis will blacken the tips of its leaves: too wet/humid with not enough light, or, it is planted in lfs, for some reason capensis does not do well in lfs for me.
Oh well. I put mine in LFSM. I only use that for all my CPs. And small amount of perlite.
(-_____-)
What media do you use for your capensis?
Thanks
By Chingz
SundewWolf wrote:It has received a lot of stress. You need to take it out of that water and let the soil dry a little bit. The roots will start rotting when there is a lot of water and almost no leaves to use it. Don't worry about a bag. All my sundews (except for the petiolaris ones) survive at 40% humidity in the winter.

Let the soil drain and dry slightly between watering, give it sun, and wait.
I already remove most of the water (Only half a CM now)..
And sun it the most compared with the other.
Hope it wont be too hot for it because today its the first day to receive the sun...
By SundewWolf
Remember to do it slowly so that the leaves don't burn. Partial shade for a few days until it hardens up. The most important thing is to get it out of that water. I imagine indonesia is pretty humid so you really shouldn't need to worry about it drying up too fast.
By Chingz
SundewWolf wrote:Remember to do it slowly so that the leaves don't burn. Partial shade for a few days until it hardens up. The most important thing is to get it out of that water. I imagine indonesia is pretty humid so you really shouldn't need to worry about it drying up too fast.
I already sun it. And leave it for church. And then its raining very hard.
I am most upset. The only remaining healthy leaf are half sodden..
The growth point was missing.
I dug out all the LFSM and mixed it up with so many (loads of) perlite. I hope it can hasten the drying for the root.
The roots are still healthy when I checked. I hope it can help and I still have time to fix the condition.
By steve booth
Capensis are really tough, give it light, warmth and keep it moist, no dome, if the leaves die, don't give up. They often grow back from the roots given time.
In your climate it will grow readily.
Cheers
Steve.
steve booth liked this
Drosera germination time

I know I got the "Redrum" seeds from th[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!